Hello -

Place for those new to the MessageBoard to tell us about your flying squirrel and yourself!

Moderator: NuttyNelly

BonniePayne
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Hello -

Postby BonniePayne » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:00 am

Hello and Good morning from The Ozarks !
My name is Bonnie Payne - and I have been an avid rehabber for many years. Both with wildlife and Birds of prey . However a few years ago , I decided I am too old to be kept awake by frivolous calls at un-godly hrs of the night and declined to renew my licenses . Ive had experience with flyers for about 35 years - and I am still learning new things about these amazing little guys.
I took in a trio of captive flyers this winter that were living in a friends attic and obviously destroying the insulation and electrical wiring of their home. however, releasing them into a frozen woodland with no nest - food - or means of survival was not an option. So they were given names and enjoy a spacious habitat in my country home.

These thee flyers act like they have been in captivity for a long time . It only took a few days before the male would come and take food from my hand - however the females are not as trusting yet - but they haven't been here very long.

I hold a degree in animal science and I don't think I have ever experienced a single day of my life that wasn't dominated by some sort of critter . Both wild and domestic
I really don't think my life would be complete without one.

I am pleased to find this message board and anxious to hear your stories as well.

Bonnie Payne
:multi:

Skirkpatrick74
Flying Furball

Re: Hello -

Postby Skirkpatrick74 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:58 am

Welcome Bonnie!
Shannon, mom to Sandy, Daisy, Jack, Zooey and three human teenagers! :)

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:43 pm

Welcome Bonnie. We welcome your expertise. You are now owned, I see. LOL
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

pattis
Juvie Pup

Postby pattis » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:32 pm

Wonderful to have you here. I'm fascinated that the flyer took food from you after only a few days. It was two months before my older flyer took food from my hand. You must have a gentle spirit.
Rowdy's friend

Return to “MessageBoard Introduction”