Nut n' Berry or Henry's Healthy Blocks

Sreisig1
Baby Flyer
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Nut n' Berry or Henry's Healthy Blocks

Postby Sreisig1 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:38 pm

Which is better as a staple? I was originally going to use the Nut n' Berry as a staple but I'm reading conflicting information online now. Obviously going to supplement with fresh veggies, fruits, and nuts as well. Getting a new baby boy some time in February, just thinking ahead and doing all my research.

Joan
Site Admin

Re: Nut n' Berry or Henry's Healthy Blocks

Postby Joan » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:55 pm

I used rat or Macaw food as a basic with fresh food daily. Chuck also like a woodpecker block I got at Walmart. Make sure you check the ingredients for supplements so you are bot adding them if they already exist. I quite additional supplements years ago and Chuck lived to 15.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Sreisig1
Baby Flyer

Postby Sreisig1 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:12 am

Thanks Joan!

Also, do you still recommend just getting 1 squirrel so it bonds properly, and then add another a year later if need be?

I bought a couple squirrel "babies" a few years ago which turned out to be adults and I'm pretty sure they were wild as well. Would not give me the time of day and scared at the very site of me. I worked very hard trying to get them to bond, but they would not. Unfortunately, I had to move and was unable to keep them and re-homed them to a nice family. A few years later now, I have my own house and ready to own one again, except I want to make sure I actually get a baby so I can have the bonding experience everyone talks about and what I craved the first time around. Currently have a deposit down with a breeder for a baby male. Have my cage and everything so I'm all set.

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:49 pm

="Sreisig1"... Also, do you still recommend just getting 1 squirrel so it bonds properly, and then add another a year later if need be?

Yes as two will bond to each other. My second one bonded to Chuck more than me, but he remained strongly bonded to me. I got the second a year later.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Return to “Adult FS Diet”