Spray Warning

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Spray Warning

Postby Joan » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:15 pm

If you're getting acorns from people who may get them from around malls or homes that use spray....the spray can be contained in the earth and then is soaked up into the tree's sap and passed on into the acorns....berries too.....and can cause seizures and death.......maybe other things too! 
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

fortheloveofsquirrels
Baby Flyer
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Re: Spray Warning

Postby fortheloveofsquirrels » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:46 pm

Joan wrote:If you're getting acorns from people who may get them from around malls or homes that use spray....the spray can be contained in the earth and then is soaked up into the tree's sap and passed on into the acorns....berries too.....and can cause seizures and death.......maybe other things too! 
whao! that is scarry as I have received acorns from many of my church friends that know I have flyers............i have been very careful and will give them a good soak, then dry them off and freeze them. I would have no idea; if were they got them, that they would be contaminated......................... :headsmack:

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:52 pm

If they are contaminated in this way, soaking and freezing them won't do any good as the contaminate will be in the meat of the acorn, berry or blossom.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Return to “Adult FS Diet”