Need Treat Ideas!

Donna
Baby Flyer

Need Treat Ideas!

Postby Donna » Fri May 16, 2008 10:39 pm

I've tried several treats with Cashew. It seems the only thing she likes to eat are nuts and mealworms. What do you use for bribery?

aMartyrsHeart
NFSA Member
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: Need Treat Ideas!

Postby aMartyrsHeart » Sat May 17, 2008 8:29 am

An orange slice, cheerios, frozen blueberry, baby food [Pumkins & Pears seems to be the fave].
Arien G.
HOF to Pikachu
--------------
Wifey to: Derek - married 8 years
Mommy to: Nevaeh (Human girl) - 4 years old
:animaldog: P-Nut and :animaldog: Casey (ChiWeenies)
--------------
R.I.P. Snap (Southern Flying Squirrel)

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Sat May 17, 2008 11:14 am

Donna wrote:... What do you use for bribery?

Bribery! Ya'll bribe? I get on my knee and plead. :roll: It gets me strange looks. :oops:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

voguemamselle619
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Postby voguemamselle619 » Sat May 17, 2008 2:17 pm

usually pecan bits, but i've also used honey nut cheerios and granola (with the coconut in it... she loves it!) that's only for very special needed treats though.
- alyssa -

- HOF to shylo... my pretty squirrel girl -

- in loving memory of batman, the best little princess i could have ever asked for -

Judy C.

Postby Judy C. » Sat May 17, 2008 9:10 pm

How bout the little peanut butter chips for baking? Mine seem to like them. Sometimes! And they will kill for a rose or a carnation!

Judy

mb
Juvie Pup

Postby mb » Fri May 30, 2008 11:42 pm

Spaz loves rose and lilly petals, but only certain lillys. We have some red ones in the yard, not sure of the name but he loves them. I was expecting him to like day lillies but he did not. He also really likes banana chips, fresh raw green beans, leafy strawberry tops, and spinach leaves. One of the newest favorites is raw saltless peanuts, in the shell....he hides those!
MB

immatater
Flying Furball

Postby immatater » Sat May 31, 2008 3:36 am

This thread reminds me... our girl scout troop spent the night at the zoo the other night and they had the girls make treats for the monkeys. I took a picture of the recipe they were using, thinking it might be good for fliers. What do y'all think? They said they throw them at the monkeys, LOL!

Oatmeal Balls

2 cups oatmeal
1/3 cup non-fat dry milk
1/3 cup raisins
1/3 cup grape nuts cereal
1/4 cup peanut butter
4 tablespoons honey

Stir in crushed pineapple to make paste
roll into balls
Allow to dry

mb
Juvie Pup

Postby mb » Sat May 31, 2008 11:44 am

Sounds yummy....lucky monkeys!!! Bet the squirrels would love it, good for them too.
I'm sure the Girl Scouts had a ton of fun, especially throwing them to the monkeys, my daughter's troop never done anything fun like that........
MB

immatater
Flying Furball

Postby immatater » Sat May 31, 2008 1:04 pm

It was tons of fun. I know its not a fs ;) but here's a pic of my daughter feeding a giraffe (fruit bits and potato).

mb
Juvie Pup

Postby mb » Sat May 31, 2008 3:11 pm

Awwww, that is so cool! What zoo are ya'll at? Is the giraffe indoors? My daughter's troop went to the Houston Downtown Aquarium last summer and that was cool. But this year the leader has decided to save their cookie earnings to go on a big trip next year. Hersey, Pennsylvania...????
It bothers me b/c my daughter has chose not to continue with the troop (she is 12), and she stood outside Walmart when we had the super cold spell (high was about 42 degrees) to increase the cookie money for their trip and now doesn't get the rewards. The only thing they are doing with the girls this year is camping out in one of the parent's backyard...woo hoo!! Yea, I'm a little bitter......but little things have been adding up for the past few years and we've had enough.....

My husband's Dad lives in Houston and we love the downtown aquarium, but haven't been to any of the zoos around. Love the Rainforest Cafe too, esp. Galveston's!!!
MB

immatater
Flying Furball

Postby immatater » Sat May 31, 2008 5:04 pm

This is the Tyler zoo. The giraffes were inside at the moment but they have an outdoor pen too. Most people don't get to get close to them like we did, it was a special "sleep over" event. There is a railing further back that keeps out the general public during regular business hours. Our troop is going Monday-Tuesday to sleep on the USS Texas. I hope that is fun as well. I'm afraid we'll hear, "I'm bored". NASA does a really awesome sleepover event as well, if the girls would be interested in that.

I love the Houston aquarium! We went to eat in the restaurant there and it was a lot of fun. The Houston Zoo is nice too. They've done a lot of work on the children's area. My kids have a blast when we go. We tried the rainforest cafe but my youngest was a little freaked out by the noise and the darkness and the critters popping out everywhere, LOL! They did get really cool glasses (drinking) that lit up though.

mb
Juvie Pup

Postby mb » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:50 am

When the troop went last year we also went to NASA, but didn't do any sleepovers. Our leader was too cheap..... NASA was a little chaotic for me. Probably b/c I had my then 1 and 3 yr. olds with me and went as a "tag a long" and ended up having to chaperon 4 very energetic 11 year olds as well. It would have been nicer at NASA if we would have had a guide like at the downtown aquarium...
Did you go to the Rainforest Cafe in Katy or Galveston? We like both, but the one is Galveston is better... They have a water ride inside. It goes through the "jungle" and has cooler effects and more animals than the restaurant. You don't get wet. My 3 year old was sooo freaked out, but it was really cool. Outside they have a boardwalk with games and a fire juggler. The back of the building (facing the beach, if that's what you want to call it) is a volcano. At dark it erupts and fire shoots out the top...very very cool.
Anyway, sounds like your GS troop does a lot of neat stuff.......ours used to do more but the assistant quit and it has changed a lot.....there are others around our area but my daughter feels she is getting too old for it. She is in BETA too and dance and will be in dance line at school next year so that's plenty!!!
MB

immatater
Flying Furball

Postby immatater » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:12 pm

We went to the one in Katy. I am a leader for ours so I get a big say in what we do. Of course, its mostly up to the girls. We toss out ideas and then take a vote on what they want to do. My daughter is 9 and she too may someday feel too old for it (I was in it until I was 16) but I hope not. It can provide a lot of opportunities for the girls that they might not have otherwise. :) My dd was in dance for 3 years but its not her "thing". She would rather do art and theater. Unfortunately her school she's attending now does not have either program. :( We moved from Indiana a little over a year ago and they did have it there. She wasn't happy about the switch. She will be able to join once she is in middle school though. 2 More years to go ;)

Return to “Adult FS Diet”