Peanut Butter

Mary
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Peanut Butter

Postby Mary » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:12 am

About once a week, I give my FS some peanut butter toast or crackers.
I have been eating Jif peanut butter and jelly toast and have not gotten sick-yet.

Is everyone stopping all peanut butter treats?

I have not found out what brand is the one with the salimonia(?) poisoning.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Mary

Chippy
NFSA Member

Re: Peanut Butter

Postby Chippy » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:37 am

From what I have read, the peanut butter (like Jif) is ok. Peanut butter sold in jars to grocery stores, etc. are not on the recall list. It is peanut butter that is sold in bulk (500-5000 pds) tubs that has been affected. Those go to insititutions such as schools, jails, nursing homes, etc., and to companies that use it to manufacture cookies, cakes, pies, etc. I am sure if you do a Google search you will be able to get the latest update on the recall. My local grocer still has name brand pb on the shelves and they are pretty good about pulling recalled products rather quickly. Hope this helps
Martie.....
Proud HOF of Chipper & Cali!

Zoe, I will listen in heaven for your hoof beat.
Gizmo, may you keep God's feet warm.

Mary
NFSA Member

Postby Mary » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:51 am

Wow that is good to hear. I sure don't want to give up MY peanut butter. I love the stuff. LOL

Thanks
Mary

Chippy
NFSA Member

Postby Chippy » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:33 pm

Same here! I just learned to make peanut butter grilled sandwiches. butter your bread on the oustide/add peanut butter to the inside. On a griddle or pan but some butter and make it like you would a grilled cheese sandwich. Suger will melt and be stringy, but when it cools in a few minutes the bread will be nice and crunchy with buttered sugar and the warm melted pb on the inside. I haven't told Chip as I am not ready to share yet! :twisted:
Martie.....

Proud HOF of Chipper & Cali!

Zoe, I will listen in heaven for your hoof beat.

Gizmo, may you keep God's feet warm.

Mary
NFSA Member

Postby Mary » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:58 pm

MMM That sounds good. I will have to try it.
Yummy
Mary

CzNik2
Juvie Pup
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby CzNik2 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:58 pm

Make Peanut Butter and marshmallow fluff sandwiches on HOT toast, they are very good....as well as Peanut Butter on one side and butter on the other and sprinkle some sugar on one side and eat...its VERY good... just had one a few mins ago.... I also make my own peanut butter in my Vita Mix mixer... I use the Honey Roasted Peanuts and use a little Honey to sweeten it... Its amazing... when it is just finished its warm from the friction of the machine and oh so good....

Brian

Laurak
Flying Furball

Postby Laurak » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:27 pm

If anyone is still reading this topic - I just wanted to post my 'two cents' on peanut butter in general (even though the whole salmonella issue is ancient history now! Haha.) A lot of people don't realize it, but big peanut butter brands like Jif are terrible for you. They add in a lot of sugars and hydrogenated oils, which makes them bad for humans to eat, so I can imagine this means bad for the FS as well! You are much better off, for yourself and the flyer, making sure you get an all natural peanut butter. Check the ingredient list - it should just be peanuts and salt. You can get it at any whole foods store, but I've been seeing natural peanut butter in large distributors like Walmart as well.

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:21 am

Some stores, you can make your on right there.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Return to “Adult FS Diet”