Frozen Veggies & Calcium amounts per week

Amorice
Juvie Pup

Frozen Veggies & Calcium amounts per week

Postby Amorice » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:20 pm

Question the 1st: Is it okay to give (or do you know flyers who will/not eat) thawed frozen veggies? Since I'm only buying produce for the 2 of us, I am hesitant about buying a huge head of broccoli just to steam some for myself and give a pinch to Ichigo, but I buy it frozen so I can just use a handful when I want to. I know that thawed-frozen isn't as good nutritionally as fresh, but will it still give her a healthy veggie treat?

Question the 2nd: I notice (rather, hear in the middle of the night) that Ichi nibbles on her cuttle bone almost weekly (I bought the orange-flavored one. Turned her teeth orange but its a hit!). As a result, I only give her repcal produce once, sometimes twice per week (of course, lately, she won't eat it. I sometimes resort to yogurt/peanut butter/repcal paste treats). Should I still try to give her repcal supplements 2-3 times per week if she's using the cuttle bone?

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: Frozen Veggies & Calcium amounts per week

Postby Joan » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:18 pm

Amorice wrote:Question the 1st: Is it okay to give (or do you know flyers who will/not eat) thawed frozen veggies?

I give them to mine sometimes.

Amorice wrote:Question the 2nd: I notice (rather, hear in the middle of the night) that Ichi nibbles on her cuttle bone almost weekly (I bought the orange-flavored one. Turned her teeth orange but its a hit!).

Yellow teeth are normal in flyers. Only pups have white teeth. :wink:

Amorice wrote: As a result, I only give her repcal produce once, sometimes twice per week (of course, lately, she won't eat it. I sometimes resort to yogurt/peanut butter/repcal paste treats). Should I still try to give her repcal supplements 2-3 times per week if she's using the cuttle bone?

If she is chewing a cuttle bone, I wouldn't give her repcal that she can't refuse. Too much calcium can be as bad as too little. She can chew the cuttle bone as needed, but if calcium is added to her food, she can't adjust the amount she needs.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Amorice
Juvie Pup

Postby Amorice » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:13 pm

Thanks Joan. I'll stop the yogurt treats as long as she nibbles her cuttle bone. I guess I was getting worried about her nutrition lately, b/c she seems to be sleeping a lot and isn't too active. But then again, I don't know what she does between 12-8am, hopefully she's up and running around then.

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:36 pm

Sounds like she growing up and getting into a nocturnal pattern like a big girl. My Chuck really complains if I get him up during the day, but he will go back to sleep in my shirt.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Return to “Adult FS Diet”