She doesn't like me anymore!!!

Celestial
Baby Flyer
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

She doesn't like me anymore!!!

Postby Celestial » Mon May 29, 2006 11:29 pm

=(((((((( What have i done??? I built a new cage for Loops a really big one filled with new toys, this happened like 2 weeks or so ago. Since then she loves hiding in the tunnels (i bought ferret tunnels she loves em did i do wrong?) and now whenever i come by she hides and doesn't like me anymore what can i do I'm desperate! she used to love me andplay with me now she loves her new cage and doesn't want to go out not even to play in my room which she used to love! Did i do something wrong? is the new cage her new love? please help me! She runs away from me she hates me now (still doesn't bite and if i manage to get her out of the tunnels she lets me pet her but not like she used to). OMG im a baaaaaaad squammy! =(.

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Tue May 30, 2006 12:04 am

She's just showing an independant streak. She really likes the cage and is having a good time. Maybe she will be a little less snuggly than she was as a young baby. Some never outgrow the snuggle baby stage, but most of us have grown up flyers that enjoy their own space to some degree. Try being consistant about putting her in your shirt to sleep for several hours every day. Some even outgrow wanting to be carried around in your shirt, but if you are able to still do it, it will help keep her bonded. I bet she cares about you more than you realize. Probably she would come looking for you if you stopped trying to get her to come out of her new playhouse.

Celestial
Baby Flyer

Postby Celestial » Tue May 30, 2006 12:55 am

Would it help if i go back to some basic bonding? i figured that maybe some bathrooms time would be ok? I took her to the bathroom and we had a great time! I relly hope she does't outgrow the carrying in the sirt thing =( i just hope she is really enjoying her cage btw i posted some pics hope you like them!

voguemamselle619
NFSA Member

Postby voguemamselle619 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:00 pm

i know that batman loves hiding in rolled up blankets. whenever we have them out, he'll play in them instead of with us. if i want to spend real time with him, i have to take the blanket away, otherwise he dives right in and will only poke his head out. sometimes he'll play hide and seek in it though. i would spend more time with loops in the bathroom or somewhere where she can't play in those tunnels! then she'll be bound to be entertained by you instead.
- alyssa -

- HOF to shylo... my pretty squirrel girl -

- in loving memory of batman, the best little princess i could have ever asked for -

koji
Teen HOF

Postby koji » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:41 am

whats the status on this? does your flyer still not like you?

Return to “Bonding with Your FS”