my 2am night of terror finally ended!

koji
Teen HOF
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

my 2am night of terror finally ended!

Postby koji » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:26 am

Well the day was going good, I had momo in my shirt pocket for about 5-6 hours today while I was out and about, then I took him out and put him back in the cage, fed him. Later I decided to take him to the bathroom to spend time with him, and wow what a mistake that was.. He started searching around, I was always scared about the bathtub, him jumping into the water spout and getting lost in it.

instead he jumps into a little crawlspace under my sink! I thought he was gone forever, until I got my hammer, a serrated knife, (had to improvise) and a fishnet.

heres the poor guy stuck in there, I broke ALOT of wood.

im so relieved I got him out safely.. I still dont think hes bonded right with me yet though, yeah it was a stupid mistake but my heart was in the right place. lol im just trying to get some shirt pocket bonding time, maybe about a month in or so to try and get him bonded in, or however long it takes.

he also just sits in the corner alot like so in this pic, this was after i got him out

i just pet him and hand feed him his fruits and pecans is there anything i can do to make him not sit like that?

krups1110
Teen HOF & NFSA Member

Postby krups1110 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:50 am

That must have been terrifying! I would have a heart attack if that happened to me! So glad you got him! Did he come running to you when you got him out?
Chris
Proud HOF to Nieve
3-24-06
Thank you always Avalon!

meganaileen
Flying Furball

Re: my 2am night of terror finally ended!

Postby meganaileen » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:41 pm

koji wrote:Well the day was going good, I had momo in my shirt pocket for about 5-6 hours today while I was out and about, then I took him out and put him back in the cage, fed him. Later I decided to take him to the bathroom to spend time with him, and wow what a mistake that was.. He started searching around, I was always scared about the bathtub, him jumping into the water spout and getting lost in it.

instead he jumps into a little crawlspace under my sink! I thought he was gone forever, until I got my hammer, a serrated knife, (had to improvise) and a fishnet.

heres the poor guy stuck in there, I broke ALOT of wood.

im so relieved I got him out safely.. I still dont think hes bonded right with me yet though, yeah it was a stupid mistake but my heart was in the right place. lol im just trying to get some shirt pocket bonding time, maybe about a month in or so to try and get him bonded in, or however long it takes.

he also just sits in the corner alot like so in this pic, this was after i got him out

i just pet him and hand feed him his fruits and pecans is there anything i can do to make him not sit like that?

don't feel bad about it. so far Gizmo has gotten behind the fridge once and behind a radiator twice (clearly it wasn't on..) she's definitely not bonded to me yet, but i'm still working on it. these little guys are so fast, they're constantly finding little cubby holes to hide in that we HOFs never even realized were there
HOF to my little Gizmo Girl

koji
Teen HOF

Postby koji » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:58 pm

no he didn't come running to me, i had to block him off then slowly push him towards me with the fishnet wow and the fridge thats terrible!

meganaileen
Flying Furball

Postby meganaileen » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:40 pm

koji wrote:no he didn't come running to me, i had to block him off then slowly push him towards me with the fishnet wow and the fridge thats terrible!

yeah it was a terrible minute or two til i got her out. luckily as long as i hold her bonding pouch where she can see it, she runs right to it. i'm glad you got your baby out okay! hopefully we'll both have better luck in the future
HOF to my little Gizmo Girl

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:25 am

That's a squirrel doing time in lock up if I ever saw one. :twisted:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

koji
Teen HOF

Postby koji » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:41 am

oh no thats no good! does that mean he wants out? i'm not super bonded with him yet either if it helps

Mary
NFSA Member

Postby Mary » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:16 am

Aww poor baby was so scared. I think I would have held him in my shirt next to my skin and cuddle him for security.
You will bond with him. You have a good heart and this takes alittle time.
Nice job on the cabinent. Ever think of being a demolition contractor? :twisted:
Mary

koji
Teen HOF

Postby koji » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:52 am

har har you know it! :cool:

gloryaf88
NFSA Member

Pistol and the Heater

Postby gloryaf88 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:09 pm

Pistol had been with me no time, when he went inside an infrared heater. We had a house full of people taking the heater apart to get him out and I was a nervous wreck. Of course there is never a camera around for me when I need it. When we finally got to him, he was sitting there looking with a look that said "what took you so long".. It is terrifying to us, but they seem to know that they can trust us to rescue them, and seem determined to try us to make sure.

Glorya Owned by Pistol Pete

krups1110
Teen HOF & NFSA Member

Postby krups1110 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:05 pm

I am just going to hope that I never get into a situation like that though I know that it is inevitable that one day it will happen. :?
Chris

Proud HOF to Nieve

3-24-06

Thank you always Avalon!

Return to “Bonding with Your FS”