Peanut Heard the outside FS

Mary
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Peanut Heard the outside FS

Postby Mary » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:07 am

I had Peanut in my room last night and he sat on a window sill that is not to far from the Oak tree where I feed the outside wild ones. He sat so quiet and still, ears perked and was "talking" to them.
I had a moment of sadness wondering if he was lonely for his own kind.
I could not hear any sounds from peanut but he kept moving his mouth like talking.
Finally he did jump back to me and we played for awhile then he tried to get out of the door so I brought him back to his cage.
This morning he gave me so many kisses all over my face and made me the happiest mom.

Mary

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: Peanut Heard the outside FS

Postby Joan » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:21 pm

Mary wrote:I had Peanut in my room last night and he sat on a window sill that is not to far from the Oak tree where I feed the outside wild ones. He sat so quiet and still, ears perked and was "talking" to them. I had a moment of sadness wondering if he was lonely for his own kind.

Mary, he was telling them how good he has it. :D
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Mary
NFSA Member

Re: Peanut Heard the outside FS

Postby Mary » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:41 pm

Joan wrote:Mary, he was telling them how good he has it. :D

Gee Joan, Thanks. I sure wanted to know what was said. :)

dianereichert
Juvie Pup

Postby dianereichert » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:44 am

If Peanut has any doubts he will have emotions sorted out come blizzard and hurricane season. Just remember the average wild flyer doesn't make it past a year old and 5 years of survival for the lucky ones. Peanut is one of the few lucky ones that will never know hunger, predators or coldness. You can always buy Peanut a buddy if you think he feels left out of the squirrel click outside.

Mary
NFSA Member

Postby Mary » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:07 am

dianereichert wrote: You can always buy Peanut a buddy if you think he feels left out of the squirrel click outside.

I think he is happy that he does not have to share me. I like it that way too. I have more time to spoil just him.

Mary

Debra
NFSA Member

Postby Debra » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:21 pm

ahhh! i like this thread. i know the feeling of wondering if you are making the right choice for your furry friend. i was just thinking if he jumped off the windowsill to play with you he must be pretty well adjusted and happy.
Owned by Dinky the flying furball!!

Return to “Bonding with Your FS”