She WONT sleep!

Rhiannonn2626
Flying Furball
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

She WONT sleep!

Postby Rhiannonn2626 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:57 am

Ok every morning I go to put Pixie in my shirt for bonding time, and she will NOT be still, sleep or relax in any way. She just runs around like a mad woman for an hours. She may pause for brief catnaps, but other than that she's up and at em! Is this healthy? Is there anyway I can encourage her to sleep? it's hard to get anything done when I am constantly guarding against squirrel escape! Help!
PROUD HOF to Pixie!!!

Lora
NFSA Member

She Won't Sleep

Postby Lora » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:02 am

Not much you can do about that but there's no rule says you have to tote her around all day. Set aside some time just for her. Also once she's settled in you'll be able to tell when her sleepiest time of the day is. Then you can choose that time to get her out. She may not be nocturnal yet so this could be anytime. In another few weeks you'll notice she will be sleeping pretty much all day.

hauk
NFSA Member

Pixie

Postby hauk » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:49 am

Janna: Pixie is enjoying her new home and her new companions, She is like a child in wonderland, Patience-Patience- Patience. Tom

Rhiannonn2626
Flying Furball

Postby Rhiannonn2626 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:21 pm

I just wanted to make sure it was normal! Thank you Tom for such a wonderful new friend! My husband is jealous! He says if he wants any attention he'll have to start acting like a squirrel!
PROUD HOF to Pixie!!!

Wanda
NFSA Member

Postby Wanda » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:37 pm

Rhiannonn2626 wrote:I just wanted to make sure it was normal! Thank you Tom for such a wonderful new friend! My husband is jealous! He says if he wants any attention he'll have to start acting like a squirrel!

Yeah, my hubby always says "Let ME be one of your pets" and "Why don't you fix me meals like that?".
So last summer when I was picking weeds for my dwarf bunny, I gave him a bowl of weeds. Can you believe he wouldn't eat it? Don't know why!
Wanda
:flyer:
Owned by Shelly, Rose
:smt049 Peanut, Bud & Dinky Always In My Heart :smt049
Parrot, Miniature Donkey & 1 human
And All My Lil Orphans

Helen
Teen HOF

Postby Helen » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:15 pm

Wanda wrote:
Rhiannonn2626 wrote:I just wanted to make sure it was normal! Thank you Tom for such a wonderful new friend! My husband is jealous! He says if he wants any attention he'll have to start acting like a squirrel!

Yeah, my hubby always says "Let ME be one of your pets" and "Why don't you fix me meals like that?".
So last summer when I was picking weeds for my dwarf bunny, I gave him a bowl of weeds. Can you believe he wouldn't eat it? Don't know why!

OMG really? My boyfriend has started complaining already that I'll end up loving the squirrel more then him and pay more attention to her...this makes me just a little bit sad... :( and it's still two weeks before I actually see her...much less start bonding
Owned by
Madamoiselle Artemis Isobella D'Antionette
Monsoiur Pierre Niagra von Faust (given to my loving boyfriend, Mommy loves you!)

Meeting you was fate; Becoming your friend was a choice; Loving you I had no control over XP

Nativeprincess
Flying Furball

Postby Nativeprincess » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:50 pm

ya know...I seem to see that reaction from guys all the time regarding squirrels.
from what I have seen though is that they tend to fall inlove with them just as easyily and once there all asured that they have a place too..there good

Wanda
NFSA Member

Postby Wanda » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:58 pm

Nativeprincess wrote:ya know...I seem to see that reaction from guys all the time regarding squirrels.
from what I have seen though is that they tend to fall inlove with them just as easyily and once there all asured that they have a place too..there good

I don't think it has to be in regards to squirrels, any critter or pet. Anything that takes some of our time and attention.
Wanda
:flyer:
Owned by Shelly, Rose
:smt049 Peanut, Bud & Dinky Always In My Heart :smt049
Parrot, Miniature Donkey & 1 human
And All My Lil Orphans

gloryaf88
NFSA Member

Postby gloryaf88 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:01 pm

I don't think it has to be in regards to squirrels, any critter or pet. Anything that takes some of our time and attention.[/quote]

Wanda, there has never been a truer statement :evilbat:
Glorya, Owned by Pistol Pete, owned partly by Martie Monster, whose heart will always belong to Amy, now owned by Count Dracula Monsterpete--Drago, and Little Foot MonsterPete.
In Loving Memory of Scoot, whom I will always miss!!

Return to “Bonding with Your FS”