Scents

malerris21
Juvie Pup
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Scents

Postby malerris21 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:09 pm

So I'm fairly certain this has been mentioned, but there's soooo much info on this site sometimes it is hard to know where to start. So the question is, if the baby is bonding to a person, wouldn't it get used to certain things (deoderant or soap smell) and then be familiar with these scents as adults? I'm just trying to get an idea of what happens with this. Has anyone had their flier suddenly decide to dislike a scent the HOF has used (laundry detergent, for example) for a long time?

Joan
Site Admin

Re: Scents

Postby Joan » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:04 pm

I know some flyers are very sensitive to smells. Mine don't seem to care and have never bitten me due to an odor. I am convienced that they call smell estrogen in female HOFs. Probably testosterone in males too.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

malerris21
Juvie Pup

Postby malerris21 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:04 pm

:roll: So I can expect an alpha-female battle any time one of us is in heat... Boyfriend's gonna loooove that! :evilbat:

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:09 pm

You can bet a bite on that! :twisted:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

lynn
Flying Furball
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Postby lynn » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:21 pm

I took babies out last night for a little visit with me while Piper was exercising her nut-hunting skill. When I put them back - BEFORE she saw them and freaked out - she immediately began sniffing everywhere that I had held them: my fingers, my chest, my knee, and the place on the bottom of my shirt where I had tucked them while I got the camera ready. She knew exactly where they had touched! But, by the time she noticed, they were safe and sound back in bed. Hehehe. :headbang:
Lynn's spastic nuts: Bunpei, Boeing, Calypso, Dixie, and Piper.

malerris21
Juvie Pup

Postby malerris21 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:51 am

A co-worker of mine says the solution is to find a gay squirrel... imagine that! Brings up the whole psychology of hetero/homosexuality and whether its birth or environment... We're a true bunch of nuts up here, I guess :D

malerris21
Juvie Pup

Postby malerris21 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:55 am

By the way, boyfriend studies psychology at Harvard, I've done some psychology, sociology, etc. on my own time (just for fun, you might say) and the co-worker is a font of all kinds of knowledge. She knew that one would get our attention! :bad-words:

Return to “Bonding with Your FS”