Need help with bonding!

lynn
Flying Furball
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Re: Need help with bonding!

Postby lynn » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:45 pm

Keep working with her - any interaction is good. I know from rehab work that they will 'wild up' if you don't keep up the routine. If you really want her to stay in your shirt, make it a pleasant place for her. Summer is hard, because we wear less clothing, and thinner. (Depending on where you live!) My bunch really like the soft fleece inside a hoodie, but I can't wear that yet. A lot of people wear a t-shirt tucked into their pants underneath a loose long-sleeved shirt so they don't get scratched and bitten as easily. Don't give up! :smt020
Lynn's spastic nuts: Bunpei, Boeing, Calypso, Dixie, and Piper.

Keg
Juvie Pup
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Keg » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:52 am

MJ is doing much better! Thank you everyone who gave me advice. And especially for being patient with me. It's hard to gauge how well I'm doing since MJ can't exactly communicate with me on a verbal basis. But last night she was crawling all over me and had no problem jumping into my hands! She even climbed onto my head and started grooming me.

I guess the joys are few in between, but I really can't express how excited I was to know that she finally trusts me on that kind of level. She wasn't as trusting tonight, but I'm hoping with time more nights like the last one will come around.

Thank you again for all your help!

flyer_1
NFSA Member
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby flyer_1 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:03 pm

Those are the classic ear marks of a good bond so I would say you two are pretty close to that bond if already not there, keep it up. =D>
I'm not NUTS I just mimic

R.I.P Taz

Return to “Bonding with Your FS”