Re-Bonding...

Templesmilie
Baby Flyer
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Re-Bonding...

Postby Templesmilie » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:05 pm

So here is the deal I was think that I should get a second flyer for Aniel to play with but on second consideration I have realized that my flyer might have un-bonded with me. I have been busy looking for a new job, school, the new puppy, working, family, friends, doctor visits, etc. The truth is that I haven't been around for him for a while and I feel horrible. I tried as much as I could to spend time with him but the last couple of weeks have not been great. His essential needs have been taken care of but I feel like his emotional ones weren't.

Maybe I'm making this worse than it is. I dunno. Aniel now occasionally bites my fingers when I put them in the cage. Not alway but before he never used to. I tried putting him in the bonding pouch which he loved, nope he chewed through the thing. He does still put his arm out the cage to catch me when I come by and he does come onto me and use me as a tree which makes me think he's somewhat bonded. Now he doesn't like to be held in my hands or petted. He will take treats from me but that's about it.

So I guess my question is how do I re-bond with him or is he just one of those independent babies?
Owned by my personal zoo:
Benji and Mylo (the Doggies)
Aniel (the Squirrelie)

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: Re-Bonding...

Postby Joan » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:24 pm

Most adult flyers do not like to be held. Mine like to have their head, chin and ears rubbed if they are hanging their heads out of the nest box. At night, they use me as a tree, but don't stay long. Chuck will nap in my shirt, but is in and out. During daylight hours, Chuck will sleep in my shirt, but Mishi refuses to leave her nest box.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

flyer_1
NFSA Member
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: Re-Bonding...

Postby flyer_1 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:47 pm

I'm just curious, how much more work are two flyers than one I already have a deposit on a boy but I'm just curious so I know what I'm getting in to :D
I'm not NUTS I just mimic

R.I.P Taz

Return to “Bonding with Your FS”