Need Advice - Biting Flyer

LydiaAmaranth
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Need Advice - Biting Flyer

Postby LydiaAmaranth » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:42 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Lydia. I am a member on The Squirrel Board, but have not posted here yet. I hate to start off posting here with asking for help, but I desperately need any advice I can get. I have a SFS, Hamilton (Hammy), who up until a few weeks ago was the coolest and sweetest little dude ever. Now I cannot be near him because he is so aggressive and mean to me. Within a few minutes of him being out of his cage and near me he lunges at my hands and bites them as hard as he can. He puts ever bit of squirrelly strength he has into biting me...his whole body shakes as he thrashes his head around to make his teeth dig in more. I have no idea why he is so mean to me now. He doesn't bite my husband at all. I always wash my hands before holding him (I even tried not washing my hands in case it was the soap, and tried other soaps).

Any advice would be immensely appreciated. This ordeal is breaking my heart and I just want my squirrel to at least tolerate me if not be affectionate again.

Joan
Site Admin

Re: Need Advice - Biting Flyer

Postby Joan » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:56 am

Do you know his age? This might be hormonal viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6582 unless you have some unusual scent on your hands.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

LydiaAmaranth

Postby LydiaAmaranth » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:39 pm

Hammy is about a year old. Thanks for the link. I really don't think there is any odd smells on me or my hands...

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:42 pm

He's at the age for hormonal.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Return to “Bonding with Your FS”