Bonding with wild baby

Linder
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Bonding with wild baby

Postby Linder » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:23 pm

My new baby came to me 1 week ago. I am unsure of his age but I believe him to be about 6 weeks old. He does great eating on his own and taking some esbilac 2-3 times daily. He is still nervous but seems to like me and loves hanging out in my shirt. When I get him from his cage though he startles and rolls on his back and tries to bite, once out though he does fine. Will he get over this? I try not to scare him and to not scoop him from above. I am head over heels in love with hom so far. Thanks, Linda

Joan
Site Admin

Re: Bonding with wild baby

Postby Joan » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:33 pm

How are you picking him up? Sounds like a reaction to being grabbed. Get him use to jumping in your outstretched hand (bribe with treats :wink: ). Any grabbing motion will be viewed as a preditor attack.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Linder

Postby Linder » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:52 am

He's doing much better today. he actually came to me to climb onto my hand. Guess it will just take time.

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:31 pm

Yes, patience is all it take. You will soon be his favorite "toy". =D>
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Return to “Bonding with Your FS”