Bonding with an adult?

Shemalv7
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Bonding with an adult?

Postby Shemalv7 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:09 pm

My flyer is about 11 weeks (I know it's old). She hate a bonding pouch and I can't just put her in my apron pocket because she will jump out and run. I spend multiple hours a day with her reading in the bathroom and she will sleep wedged under my back or on my stomach. But is that enough to bond with her? She still isn't comfortable enough with me to eat out of my hand yet. How long should I expect this bonding to take? It's only been 3 days but I'm just worried.

Also I was thinking of taking her to the office tomorrow. My bosses are fine with it but she's jittery still and I'm worried she will just be scared and the car drive will freak her out too much. Thoughts?

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: Bonding with an adult?

Postby Joan » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:08 am

Shemalv7 wrote:My flyer is about 11 weeks (I know it's old). She hate a bonding pouch and I can't just put her in my apron pocket because she will jump out and run. I spend multiple hours a day with her reading in the bathroom and she will sleep wedged under my back or on my stomach. But is that enough to bond with her? She still isn't comfortable enough with me to eat out of my hand yet. How long should I expect this bonding to take? It's only been 3 days but I'm just worried. Also I was thinking of taking her to the office tomorrow. My bosses are fine with it but she's jittery still and I'm worried she will just be scared and the car drive will freak her out too much. Thoughts?

Lots of flyers hate bonding pouches.Sleeping on you is bonding. She has to really trust you to do this. Try putting treats right in front of you when you are in the bathroom with her. Let her take them from the floor. Over time, she will take them from you. I wouldn't take her to your office unless you are willing to risk losing her. Let her get more comfortable at home first.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Return to “Bonding with Your FS”