The Conference was AWSOME!

Information regarding NFSA member gatherings

Moderator: Joan

peep
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

The Conference was AWSOME!

Postby peep » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:25 pm

The organizers did a great job. From the minute you walked in the door it was evident that they put a great deal of energy and imagination into putting a great conference together.

For those of you who could not attend, you were missed, and you missed a great time. Hope to see you at the next conference. Start saving up your spare change NOW to plan for a trip. I definitly plan to attend the next one, and stay the entire weekend to find out just what kind of mischief Joan, Darra and Anita create after sundown. Never saw Anita pull her six-shooter on anyone!

Our speaker was charming and informative, and has promised to keep us updated on her research. We all wish her great success in her future.

Anita has inspired me to spice up my flyers lives with all kinds of tricks and treats, she had some wonderful ideas to share with us.

In spite of what anyone else says, I'm certain that our team won the trivia contest. (The results were in question because we forgot to keep score!!! )

I intended to go back up to the hotel for the breakfast this morning, but when I arrived home yesterday, I discovered that I had unexpected guests that did not leave until midnight, and I'd only had 4 hrs sleep the night before. I just couldn't get my butt out of bed! I really wanted to wish everyone a safe trip home, and thank them again for putting together such a great conference.

As it turns out, it was a good thing that I did stay home, the unexpected guests returned with intentions of dropping off their children to swim for the day so she could go clean her house and paint. Gee... 20 oz. of muriatic acid in the pool certainly put a damper on her plans... and I was not available to babysit today because I had my own chores to do.

Judy, my condolences to you and your family. You are in our hearts and prayers.
peep
State and Federal permit holder

Pam
NFSA Member

Postby Pam » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:52 pm

I am very glad everyone had a great time, I was thinking of all of you this weekend. Its really great to have the wonderful people we have here, that have made the NFSA what it is . I am so proud of all of you. This is a home you can go to, and find out all you need to know about our flyers. The knowledge we get here and the love and support is amazing. I am so proud to be a member. Thank you all for a job well done.... Pam :grouphuuug:
Pam, Abbey and Binky ..PeeWee..4 very happy souls

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:43 pm

Peep is sooooooooo right ... the conference was wonderful So many great people. Peep brought the Flyer First Aid kits that we'll be selling once I post a picture and list the supplies. So many people pitched in to help. Everyone had a blast. Reports will follow ... my part will have to wait til my brain dead cells are revived. :twisted: I'm so tired I can hardly see straight. Those folks kept me up too late ... even if it wasn't a school night. LOL
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

peep
NFSA Member

Postby peep » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:44 pm

Thank you, Pam. We are all happy to be here and contribute.

You and other HOF's that have not yet officially joined the NFSA can help by purchasing your membership. The fees are very low, and the benefits are immeasurable.

This site has more practical knowledge and support than any I have seen, and in a true emergency a member can get 24 hour support.

Tom's membership drive fell by the wayside when he became ill... let's not let him down, folks. Start encouraging HOF's to join up now and make plans to attend the next conference. It might make him feel good enough to do the "Happy Dance" for us at the next conference.
peep
State and Federal permit holder

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:48 pm

peep wrote: ... It might make him feel good enough to do the "Happy Dance" for us at the next conference.

I'll join twice this year to see that. LOL :D
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Moonsong
Flying Furball

Postby Moonsong » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:21 pm

The conference was indeed awesome! A round of applause goes to Darra, Totty, Anita Tucker, Katie, and Judy for all of their hard work as well as to everyone who donated for the raffle and/or silent auction.

We all learned a lot and had a very good time. On a side note, I'm way more sleepy than Tajar! She got to bed late and still got up on time. :) And she already snarfed down one of those live mealies. hehe
~*~Reesa~*~
Happy Squammy to Tajar and Baxter

gwsgrand
NFSA Member

Postby gwsgrand » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:41 pm

:) What a wonderful time we had in Houston. Thank you Darra, The two Anita's; Judy, and Katie. We were all sad to hear the news of Judy's mom and send her our love,
I learned so much and will return home with a huge box of goodies that these ladies worked so hard to make up for each and everyone of us. Need to get a picture of the goodie bags. Wonderful and our flyers are going to forgive us for leaving them when we show them what we have from the meeting.
I personally learned a lot and got to help hold and love on a few babies that were brought to the meeting. OH what fun. The acommidations , food and friendship were great. From the land down under to Ok. and states inbetween we had a great group.
Everyone get ready to make plans to attend the next one. It is well worth every penny.
Will send pictures to Darra and Joan to post.
Thanks girls Great conferance. Katie please excuse the spelling and "bad english". :?
:queen: Ms. BayBea Belle, :tink: Tinkerbelle,
:fly: Linus, :occasion2: Baby Oops, and :love1: Daphne

Gail's (Deep South Home for Flyer Foundlings )

Moonsong
Flying Furball

Postby Moonsong » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:49 am

Moonsong wrote: On a side note, I'm way more sleepy than Tajar! She got to bed late and still got up on time. :) And she already snarfed down one of those live mealies. hehe

:oops: ACK! I realized later that the flyer that grabbed up that mealie was actually Face! Jay mentioned a few minutes later that Tajar was still sitting in the nesting box just peeking out.

After she got up, I tried to give her one but she wasn't much interested in the one I handed her. But then she hopped on the bowl of them that was closed and tried to dig in it, so I opened it for her. She first grabbed up a piece of the oats and ate it, then grabbed a worm and ate it. Guess she didn't like my "icky hand germs" *LOL*
~*~Reesa~*~
Happy Squammy to Tajar and Baxter

Patti Aymond
NFSA Member

Postby Patti Aymond » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:53 pm

It certainly was an awsome conference. I want to thank all of you for welcoming me into the NFSA family and for taking me under your "flap". I learned so much from the conference, and I can't BELIEVE all of the loot that I came home with. Geez!!

The best, of course, is our new baby, Gordon. Gordon is Chuck & Mishi's boy and Flash's baby brother. I'm still holding onto a slither of hope that Flash will find his way home, but I'm busy bonding with Gordon for now. He's such a sweetheart. He's even more laid back that Flash.

Gordon has been slowly exploring his cage. This afternoon I placed him on a ledge with some feathers that I had added before I went to work out. When I got back, he was still sitting on the ledge wedged up in a corner nestled in some of the feathers. Cher!!

He won't take formula from the syringe anymore. He'll lick it as it drips out, but he won't latch on to it. He eats better lapping the formula from a teaspoon. He ate an entire pecan half in one sitting this morning.

But I digress.... I want to thank everyone for their hard work in putting together the conference. It was great, and I look forward to a more active role in the NFSA in the coming year.
[Flash's &] Gordon's HOF

Anita Rae
NFSA Member

Postby Anita Rae » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:31 am

OK, after everyone left, we decided it was time to come home. So we packed everything up and left Monday morning. We arrived back in Mims this afternoon. We are physically exhausted but mentally refreshed.

OH MY GOSH! What a weekend. Darra, Katie and Judy… Thank You! Everything was perfect. The La Quinta was magnificent. The program was interesting and I learned so much about flyers. The donated raffle items were overwhelming. And the best part of all was the poolside chats that lasted till the wee hours of the morning. I just don’t know where you ladies found the time to put such a great package together.

Evelyn and B. J. – I know we just met but I feel like we have known each other forever. I can’t wait until the next time I see you again.

Patti – This was a whirlwind weekend and I wish I could have spent more time with you. It is comforting to know that little Gordon is with you because I know that he will be happy and well taken care of.

Gayle and Tom – What can I say. You guys are awesome. Tom, Thank you so much for the branches you brought my flyers and teaching me about trees. We took a walk on Sunday afternoon and gathered a few more. See, I’m learning.

Reesa and Jay – Meeting you two was an absolute joy. Jay I am sorry you had to leave us so soon, but I appreciate you letting Reesa hang out with us. She came to our rescue several times.

Joan – Whenever I am around you my ears automatically perk up. You know more about flyers than I will ever know. I still have so much to learn from you. Luv ya girl.

Totty – Our paths have crossed many times but I think this is the first time I really got to know you. You had me rolling on the floor with your “cartoon voice”. Charlie wants to know it you will teach him how to do it? Hehe

Katie – You are still my girl and I hope I didn’t pick on you toooo much. Hehe And the goodie bags you made were toooo cool!

Darra – Anyone who doesn’t know Darra is missing it. She is a short woman with a big heart and a pistol. LOL Girl, you know I think you are awesome!

Deb – I missed ya….Nest time???

Judy – My heart goes out to you.

Oh, and one more thing. Katie, will you check my spelling and grammar also?

Totty
NFSA Member

Postby Totty » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:47 am

Oh, What a great weekend it was. I met so many great new people and hooked up with several of my very good friends. Katie what was wonderful job you did on the goodie bags and the wonderful award certificates. Tucker, I wanted to say Thank you for the enrichment information you talked about. I really learned alot about what more goodie's my babies can eat. I wanted to Say, Thank you to Charlie & Anita & Reesa for picking me up and taking my back to the airport. It was greatly aprreciated. It was so nice to finally meet Joan what a great lady. Darra you were just wonderful. You did an awesome job of putting this all together and making it one successful convention. I also wanted to say Thank you to Liz for the great presentation she provided us and wish her the Best of Luck in her future and Thanks to Naomi our new Aussie friend for coming along and becoming part of our group. (Darra I think they really liked our special out of the way tours of Houston they got to see.)

Judy, I was so sorry to hear about your mother, you & your family are in my prayers. I was really looking forward to meeting you but will have more opportunities in the future.

Patti, I hope you and your family are enjoying little Gordon.
It was Great to meet Gayle & Tom & Evelyn & BJ too.

Darra thanks for letting me spoil Clancy and Ripley while we were there. I just fell in love with them and the new little boy flier you were taking back to his new mommy. Sorry guy's, But when I am around all thoughs little babies the baby voices just come out. Joan and I had everyone just rolling on the floor. Because we love talking baby talk. Charlie make sure you spoil that little girl "Sissy Little" for me. You betcha Charlie I'll be glad to tech you how to talk baby talk anytime. Tucker you know it. We had a great time together and I hope there will be more wondeful times to come.

Everyone was so great at this convention, I can hardly wait for the next one.

Anita :smt049
Last edited by Totty on Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anita

Flyers: Okie(F) & Rosie(F) & Texas "Tex"(M)
Baby Squirrel Mindy Sue (F)

Sugargliders : 60 + babies

In Sweet Memory of my baby flyers.
Rest in Peace my little ones:
Twiggy (M) & Grayson (M)

Anita Rae
NFSA Member

Postby Anita Rae » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:47 am

Never saw Anita pull her six-shooter on anyone!

:eeeeek: Who?? Me?? Noooooo, not me. :angel9:

katiedid
NFSA Member

Postby katiedid » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:57 pm

gwsgrand wrote:Thanks girls Great conferance. Katie please excuse the spelling and "bad english". :?

Anita Rae wrote:Oh, and one more thing. Katie, will you check my spelling and grammar also?

ROFL...You ladies crack me up...it's not like I don't make typos and grammatical errors. I just go back and re-read stuff and fix it...I should have never mentioned that I go in and fix spelling errors...LOL.

I had a fabulous time at the conference. I enjoyed hanging out with my close friends and meeting new ones. I was very excited to meet the famous Joan! She was every bit as wonderful as I had imagined!

I wish I had had time to visit with each and every person more than I did, but we can always do that next year!

Liz's speech was very interesting, Anita Rae had cool enrichment ideas for our critters and Joan had some interesting questions up her sleeve for the trivia contest. I think our teams tied. LOL

I came home with all sort of goodies for me and my critters.

Those who did not attend this year, really missed a wonderful time! Please save up and plan on attending the next one!

~Katie

P.S. Darra, is Clancy standing on a racoon's head in that picture? LOL Look at those circles under my eyes...sheesh!
~Katie~
Kya :queen:, TC :smt050, Van :smt049 & Squirrelly :wings: ~ Southern Flyers
Aesop :jester:, Ambraesia, Pepper & Abby :smt057 ~ Sugar Gliders
In loving memory of my little King boy :king: and Sweet Valor

Return to “NFSA National/ Regional Conferences”