Where and when is the 2009 Conf?

Information regarding NFSA member gatherings

Moderator: Joan

gwsgrand
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Where and when is the 2009 Conf?

Postby gwsgrand » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:34 pm

Where and when will the 2009 conf be held? Have not heard a word about one. As every one knows Al is not safe or we would love to host it again at the Dixon Forestry Center. What about just meeting in Tenn say at Nashville and stay at a inexpensive motel that has free breakfast and a conf room?
We really do need to try and keep this going if at all possible .
Lets try and get some heads together and make a conf . Each year we have so much fun being together and yes some bring their babies and most don't know that we have them on us.
We might get away with it being here in Andalusia if no one tells that they have a flyer. I do have a friend that runs the Day's Inn that I feel sure she would let us have a nice discount and I think Tom could make arrangments to take everyone on a tour of the Forestery Center.
Food for thought Hope to hear from someone. Might even be able to get a Auburn grad to be a speaker who is doing some research? We don't have to have it real fancy.
:queen: Ms. BayBea Belle, :tink: Tinkerbelle,
:fly: Linus, :occasion2: Baby Oops, and :love1: Daphne

Gail's (Deep South Home for Flyer Foundlings )

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: Where and when is the 2009 Conf?

Postby Joan » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:31 pm

No has stepped up Gail; so if you want to run with it... go ahead.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

lucy10177
NFSA Member

Postby lucy10177 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:39 am

if it could be in andalusia that would be great. gary and i could make that trip i think.
paula

flyer_1
NFSA Member

Postby flyer_1 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:39 pm

Try to make it somewhere so that lot's of people can go. I was going to pick out a place but I guess not anymore. If you need help I would be happy too. I'm looking forward to It I just hope It's going to work, being so far away.
I'm not NUTS I just mimic

R.I.P Taz

gwsgrand
NFSA Member

Postby gwsgrand » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:13 pm

Tom and I talked it over and if we host the NFSA meeting it will have to be in the early spring. We would have it in Andalusia at a Motel where every one would be together and there are a good many places to eat within a very short driving dist. We would have to be very discreet about the flyers and like in Miss. Most did not bring their flyers. I think I could line up at least two speakers if not 3 and if you wanted t shirts then I would just let the guy that made up the first ones we had here in Andalusia make these and make them very simple. He does a great job and I think his prices are very reasonable.
Now if any one wants to have it any other place please feel free to speak up and I will let you have the fun. I just hate that we can't at least get some of the members together at least once a year and get reaquainted with each other. We are very close to the Fl. pan handle Crestview, Fl but being in Fl means more expense. Andalusia has low prices on must things. We would have the swap and the silient auction which I would hope Joan would be in charge of.
A little bit about Andalusia , the population is about 10,000 and it is not that hard to get to an any direction. It is a little over 2 hr from Mobile, Montgomery, Dothan and less than that from I 10 close to Ft Walton Beach.
Food prices are very low and nothing is really high priced.

Just give me feed back on your thoughts and we will be thinking about it on this end and trying to get room rates and some pamplets up .

Joan I hope you can help me out with a few things. Let me know.
Gail

flyer_1
NFSA Member

Postby flyer_1 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:56 pm

Sounds good to me, what do you guys do for these things I've never been to one and would really like to know what go's on besides seeing everyone again and making friends? Let me know If I can help.
I'm not NUTS I just mimic

R.I.P Taz

gwsgrand
NFSA Member

Postby gwsgrand » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:20 am

You can read the past confer. and meetings on the NFSA National/regional conf.
There is so much to think about and trying to get the prices low enough that it will make people want to travel . Also we always have well known (about SFS) speakers that have done a lot of research .Also people who have had flyers for many years like some that have had their flyers for up to 12 or more years. We try to have a silent auction , give away things that owners no longer want but other would like to have for their flyers. We try and have t shirts made and sold to each one that will be attending so they can pick them up when they regester . We try to all eat together. All the meetings are very informal and at times we take tours some times even at night to try and hear our little wild fur balls talking to each other. Normaly it last from Fri. night until Sun.and leave at or around 11 AM. If we have it in Andalusia we can not bring the flyers with us because Ala is a unfriendly state for Flyers. Yes we do have 4 but the wild life guys know my husband and know that they are in great condition and that we do not sell any of our flyers.
This one would have to be very low key and if you want to chance you can bring your baby. But most leave them at home in their safe home.. It can stress a flyer to travel.

Return to “NFSA National/ Regional Conferences”