Chuck's and Mishi's trio!!

Leah
Flying Furball
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Chuck's and Mishi's trio!!

Postby Leah » Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:50 pm

I spent a couple hours with Joan this afternoon taking some pictures of the new babies, and looking over some of her latest projects (Joan is the great experimenting industrialist).....it was so nice to do something that had nothing to do with work! First time in too long!

So, here they are - Chuck's and Mishi's 2nd litter on a bed of mink befitting their royal highnesses.......

This is the Vienna Boys (and Girl) Choir singing for their Mama to come rescue them from the meddling humans:

And here is Tom, with his brother Dick and sister Debbie Harry, just out of the frame:

This is all three in Grandsquammy Joan's hand - they are 2 weeks old and adorable!
Last edited by Leah on Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:31 pm

Kay wrote: ... OMG!! The choir is the cutest thing I've ever seen!! Those little mouths just make me melt!!

Isn't it great ... and Leah got to solve the mystery of the unsexed pup. I had Brad, Jennifer and Angelina picked as names if there were two girls, but nothing for two boys. In the middle of a conversation, I interrupted Leah and announced Tom, Dick & Debbie Harry. Fortunately, Leah gets what I mean in these outbursts .... I worry for her sometimes. LOL :twisted:

And Kay, weren't you the one who had the fur sleeve from the Humane Society? That was a mink pillbox hat turned inside out ... the perfect nest.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Kay
NFSA Member

Postby Kay » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:58 pm

Yup, I get the furs from the Humane Society, Fors for WIldlife. I have too many large coats and not enough small minks and hats. I've been sharing with people who do larger animals. Frosty tore up his mink pillbox and has strips of mink mixed with his cotton in his "pad."
kay

gwsgrand
NFSA Member

Postby gwsgrand » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:25 pm

I have found that if you go to estate sales you can find mink coats and wraps for pennies. Haven't had much luck going to thrift or goodwill stores to find them.
:queen: Ms. BayBea Belle, :tink: Tinkerbelle,
:fly: Linus, :occasion2: Baby Oops, and :love1: Daphne

Gail's (Deep South Home for Flyer Foundlings )

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:53 pm

Kay wrote: ... Yup, I get the furs from the Humane Society, Fors for WIldlife.

Another thing I got at the Wildlife Conference was the direction for making a Baby Sitter:
"Turn a fake-fur (or in our cases, mink :wink: ) garment sleeve inside out, sew one end shut, and then slip the sleeve inside a tubular container. Pull part of the open end of the fur out and turn it back against the outside end of the tube. The container provides support to prevent collapse, especially if several animals are sharing the same sleeve. Then slide the youngsters inside so they can curl up and fall asleep."
Now, can't you just see our furballs diving in and out of the mink
cave. :woohoo:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

katiedid
NFSA Member

Postby katiedid » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:19 am

Absolutely adorable pictures as usual, Leah! It's great to see you doing what you enjoy for a change (instead of just work, work, work!).

Love,
Katie :smt049
~Katie~
Kya :queen:, TC :smt050, Van :smt049 & Squirrelly :wings: ~ Southern Flyers
Aesop :jester:, Ambraesia, Pepper & Abby :smt057 ~ Sugar Gliders
In loving memory of my little King boy :king: and Sweet Valor

Return to “Leah's Gallery”