Hammies like yogurt too!

Questions about the forum, comments, suggestions... and pretty much anything else, including other pets and interests.
Lora
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Hammies like yogurt too!

Postby Lora » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:49 am

Last night was yogurt night for Mr. Bojangles so I decided to give some to my little hamster Winnie too. I also mixed in some baby food peaches. Her little dish was licked clean this morning. I can't believe how much more she eats than he does. I'm gonna have to be careful what I feed her or I'm gonna have a fat hammie for sure.

Helen
Teen HOF

Postby Helen » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:37 pm

LOL yea I know what you mean. I went to visit Niagra today he like cleans his plate all the time so my bf says. Although they might also be hording the dry food a little more. Although I heard that dairy is supposed to be bad for your hammy could that be true? I'll go see if I can dig up the article I read about it...
Owned by
Madamoiselle Artemis Isobella D'Antionette
Monsoiur Pierre Niagra von Faust (given to my loving boyfriend, Mommy loves you!)

Meeting you was fate; Becoming your friend was a choice; Loving you I had no control over XP

Lora
NFSA Member

Hammies Like Yogurt Too

Postby Lora » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:51 am

Depends on the dairy. Milk is not good but they can eat cheese & eggs. I couldn't find anywhere that said no dairy so I thought I'd try the yogurt. I'm thinking like with flyers that the benefits of yogurt outweigh the bad. In any case I don't plan to give it to her on any kind of reg basis until I can confirm it's ok. If you find anything let me know. I found out last night she also likes frozen thawed mixed vegetables. I put some in a baby food jar lid & she ate them all.

yubman
Flying Furball

Postby yubman » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:13 pm

Hammies love yogurt. Put some on your finger, he'll lick it off! It's so much fun watching them lap at yogurt, hammy tongues are so tiny!

tony

Return to “All the rest”