Great Film!

Questions about the forum, comments, suggestions... and pretty much anything else, including other pets and interests.
CatStina
Flying Furball
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Great Film!

Postby CatStina » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:58 pm

Ok, so the movie isn't about flyers, but anyone who loves animals will love this movie!

Hachi: A Dog's Tale (Also known as Hachiko: A Dog's Story) came out on DVD last Tuesday. It is a touching film based on the true story of an Akita who waited for his owner to come home from work every day, even for ten years after the owners death. The actual events took place in Japan from 1923-1935, but the film takes place in present day Rhode Island. I cried my eyes out watching faithful Hachiko amble to the station every day even though his owner would never return and I'm sure you will too. If you are in the mood for a tearjerker, then this is the film for you! If not, see it any way!

Link to movie's Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachi

Link to Hachiko's Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachiko

P.S. Sorry if my review is poor... I'm still choked up and not really thinking straight...See this movie!
~t Christina j~
Loving Squammy of Emo (RIP, 3/17/2006-6/15/2012)

Mom to Bowie the Fat Cat, Ziggy the Tiny Cat, Saxon the Staffordshire Bull Terrier and Neljä and Viisi the gerbils

flyer_1
NFSA Member
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: Great Film!

Postby flyer_1 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:13 pm

I will have to watch this movie and give you my thoughts on it, maybe after I finish my star wars marathon lol sounds like a deeo movie, Marley and me was a great movie too, so sad though.
I'm not NUTS I just mimic

R.I.P Taz

CatStina
Flying Furball

Postby CatStina » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:39 pm

Marley and Me was also very good and tear drop inducing! I would wait till after your Star Wars Marathon so that you don't confuse plots, hehe. Once you do, let me know your thoughts, I cried for the whole second half of the film!
~t Christina j~

Mom to Bowie the Fat Cat, Ziggy the Tiny Cat, Saxon the Staffordshire Bull Terrier and Neljä and Viisi the gerbils

flyer_1
NFSA Member
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby flyer_1 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:59 pm

Ha, yea I mite think a guys dog could use the force or something crazy like that. I'm going to watch it tonight and I'll tell you what I think, can't wait.
I'm not NUTS I just mimic

R.I.P Taz

CatStina
Flying Furball

Postby CatStina » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:54 pm

Yeah, Darth's line could come out, "Hachiko, I am your father," and that would be all wrong, hehe.
~t Christina j~

spiritedaway20
NFSA Member

Postby spiritedaway20 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:29 pm

What section did you find this in?I would be interested in seeing it and I was wondering if you can rent it first before buying it. I know this has already been mentioned, but it sounds like a Japanese Marley and Me. :)

CatStina
Flying Furball

Postby CatStina » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:21 pm

The movie actually takes place in the US, the original story is Japanese. I saw the preview for this movie when I was watching Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs and ordered it on Netflix the next day. I think if you were going to a movie rental place you could probably find it in New Release (it just came the other day) or in the family section. I think the American title is Hachi: A Dog's Tale. Good luck finding it!
~t Christina j~

Return to “All the rest”