Squirrel Foods

Questions about the forum, comments, suggestions... and pretty much anything else, including other pets and interests.
Ohatsie
Juvie Pup
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Squirrel Foods

Postby Ohatsie » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:54 pm

So the eastern grey I adopted is doing great, and he has a name now!
Gandalf the Eastern Grey is what he goes by. Gandy or Greyhame for short.

He wasnt weaned when we found him, and had a real hard time with solid foods, but his poops got a little softer and I realized it was time to start weaning him onto solids.
I tried to get him to eat some today, but all he would take was strawberry, which he devoured (stained his chops red, looks like he brought down an antelope or something, :twisted: ). I know strawberries will not be good enough to keep him healthy.
Im wondering if he's only taking strawberries now because he got all the vitamins and stuff he needed from the formula feedings earlier today. Should I be worried he will be to picky to eat anything?

Sorry this post is a little barebones and scattered, im pretty tired.

PS; I know this is technically a Flyer board, but Ive grown pretty attatched to you guys, ahaha.
Colin

violetlady
NFSA Member
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: Squirrel Foods

Postby violetlady » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:00 pm

I would begin by reducing his formula by one feeding at a time & at the same time introduce solids. Try plain cheerios, nuts like pecans, almonds, etc. shelled. Later you can offer them with the shell cracked, & eventually whole nuts in the shell. Also try a wee bit of applesauce (no sugar added). You can find rodent pellets in most pet shops & even WalMart.
Hope this helps. Best wishes.
HOF to Ziggy

Return to “All the rest”