Ideas Please!

Earl's Mom
Juvie Pup
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Ideas Please!

Postby Earl's Mom » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:50 pm

It has been a while since I've been on the message boards. I'm looking for ideas for my squirrels bedroom. I have three Mail flying squirrels named Earl, Rocky, and Scooter. In my house, they have their own bedroom. Right now, I have a large cage in the center that is just left open with ropes and things to climb going from the cage to the windows, doorframes, bird houses, etc. on the walls. I would really like to just get rid of the cage as it is a hassle to clean. But I still need a place for their running wheel, food and water bowls, and something to catch some of the potty mess. Obviously, not all! Ha! But I find it a lot easier to sweep and mop than to clean the big cage that never really seems to get clean.... Thoughts and ideas are GREATLY appreciated!

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: Ideas Please!

Postby Joan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:37 am

Shelves around the walls might be an answer. Hole can be jig sawed to hold food bowls. Nest boxes can also be placed there. Shevles can also be a place for paper towels once they establish a "potty" place.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Return to “Flyer Housing”