Little Rascal is home

Share your joy! Here's the place for newly owned HOFs to announce births and adoptions.

Moderator: Joan

Furball Genetics
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Little Rascal is home

Postby Furball Genetics » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:07 am

Dear Fellow HOFs & Future HOFs,

It's official... :woohoo: I've been a HOF for a whole week!!! :party: I would have posted earlier but he said I needed to focus on serving his every wish & desire.

I picked up my little guy from Judy last Friday night and it was a wonderful trip. Always a fun time to see her flyers and the loving care she bestows on them. I highly recommend that anyone who gets a chance to visit her and the "Wild Bunch"... jump at the chance! Of course, if you need a baby flyer, I highly recommend her's. Wonderful, loved, healthy and happy.

With five boys to chose from, I thought it would be a tough decision. Judy has always told me that they have a tendency to chose their owners... and that was certainly the case with mine. This little guy just stayed on me the whole time and would sit on my chest and stare at my face. Or was it hypnotism!?!... "You MUST take me home with you... You WILL take me home with you... You will now be my SLAVE... " :smt079 What ever it was, it certainly worked.

She also warned me that I'd better come up with a name or I'd never hear the end of it from this board. I have settled on "Rascal" (as in "The Little Rascal"). Not that his personality really deserves it. He's a rather sweet quiet boy most of the time. It's just what kind of comes out of my mouth when he peeks his little head out of his nest box and looks at me with those eyes which tell me... "Playtime" again. Actually, I think I was calling him "little rascal" at Judy's place last week. So it seems to fit. Hope there aren't too many "Rascals" out there already.

He's very tired right now. He "helped" me feed the short-tailed opossums today, as well as the little Robo hamsters. Thought he might as well get used to the routine around here. He was curious but behaved perfectly around everyone. Not a real big "help" but certainly was a change of pace from the usual routine.

I don't have a digital camera or else I'd post some pictures. That's all for now. I must prepare Rascal's nightly feast and crash out myself.

One last thing though. A HUGE... "Thank You" to all on this board for your help in making this a delightful experience. I was able to take my time, get well educated on flyers and make the right choices in becoming a HOF. I thank you all for the wonderful resource & support! Of course a MAJOR BIG HUGE... "THANK YOU" goes out to Judy C. A real angel. :angel9: Thanks so much Judy!!!

Jay & Rascal

PS - Ooops, I spoke too soon... quess who's waking up!?!

krups1110
Teen HOF & NFSA Member

Postby krups1110 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:46 pm

Sounds like you guys are settling in well together! That's great! They really are a joy!
Chris
Proud HOF to Nieve
3-24-06
Thank you always Avalon!

Wanda
NFSA Member

Postby Wanda » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:56 pm

Furball Genetics wrote: This little guy just stayed on me the whole time and would sit on my chest and stare at my face. Or was it hypnotism!?!... "You MUST take me home with you... You WILL take me home with you... You will now be my SLAVE... " :smt079 What ever it was, it certainly worked.

Congratulations your new little baby boy, Jay!! He had you wrapped around his tiny little finger really tight before you even took him home. Thay are good at that!! I love the name too.
Wanda
:flyer:
Owned by Shelly, Rose
:smt049 Peanut, Bud & Dinky Always In My Heart :smt049
Parrot, Miniature Donkey & 1 human
And All My Lil Orphans

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:54 pm

I predict the name you picked for your "quiet little boy" will soon fit him perfectly :twisted: btw, all three of mine have the same nickname; 'Little Monster' And you are most welcome to use it, should the need arise.

Congratulations Jay. Rascal is a lucky little furball to own you.

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:03 pm

Sir Rascal will whip his slave into shape in no time. :twisted:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Moca
Flying Furball

Postby Moca » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:51 am

That's a great name for a squirrel...I'm sure he will grow into it nicely.
Protect wildlife,keep ye cat indoors.
www.abcbirds.org
:coffee: Moca

BreezieGirl
Flying Furball

Postby BreezieGirl » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:38 am

Congratulations, Jay! :multi: I doubt if little Rascal will have any trouble training you. I love the name, it's perfect for a flyer.
~Kaylie
Owned by Jasper

In Loving Memory of My Sweet Little Mima :smt049

Furball Genetics
NFSA Member

Postby Furball Genetics » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:23 pm

Big THANKS to everyone for your replies! Chocolate sprinkles for everyone!!! :wink: Glad everyone likes his name. Yes, he is now fitting into it very nicely... so much for my "nice & quiet little guy."

Please don't mention to him that there's a pecan farm just 5 minutes down the road. Oopps... he read this message. :twisted: Looks like I'll be making another field trip soon.

Seriously, it's been so great getting trained by Rascal. I do think that last week I still had him believing I was SOMEwhat in charge. He is no longer under that delusion. Or was it I who was deluded!?! :roll: Don't answer that!
Jay & Rascal

:wings:

Furball Genetics
NFSA Member

Postby Furball Genetics » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:45 pm

Deb wrote:I predict the name you picked for your "quiet little boy" will soon fit him perfectly :twisted: btw, all three of mine have the same nickname; 'Little Monster' And you are most welcome to use it, should the need arise.

Deb, oh wise one,... you have predicted correctly. I just didn't realize he would fit into it SO soon!!

"Little Monster" sounds great for a nickname... I will keep it in mind. Or one that rhymes with "Little Trucker" when squadaddy gets REALLY mad :evilbat: Ouch!!!
Jay & Rascal

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:39 pm

:smt043 :rotflol: :smt042 Good luck with him!

furballgenetics

Re: Little Rascal is home

Postby furballgenetics » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:36 pm

Hello Fellow HOFs,

It has been SOOOOOO long since I've been on this NFSA Message Board, that I thought I'd better reintroduce myself and Rascal. You folks probably have forgotten me, so this thread should serve as a reminder of Rascal and his HOF. I also wanted to see if this actually goes through, since I haven't posted for about six years. Rascal says "Hi" to everyone. :knothole: :signhi:

I'll post more if this works. Happy New Year!
Last edited by furballgenetics on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jay & Rascal (RIP) :angel13:

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:48 pm

Hi back to Jay & Rascal! :D
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Laurak
Flying Furball

Postby Laurak » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:03 pm

Whoa, you've had the same flyer for six years? Impressive!!

Return to “BIRTH & ADOPTION ANNOUNCEMENTS”