First time Grandsquammy!

Share your joy! Here's the place for newly owned HOFs to announce births and adoptions.

Moderator: Joan

Deb
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

First time Grandsquammy!

Postby Deb » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:45 pm

I have 2 babies!! I first posted about finding them with their Mommy, m'Deah, as brand newborns. They were born on about August 16th. I am happy to announce that I got hold and examine them for the first time today. A boy and a girl, very plump and healthy :D Lots of fur. One is a couple of shades lighter than the other. I kept them out for about 20 minutes before giving them back to m'Deah one at a time so i could watch her ball them up and carry them back into the nest =D> Such a good new Mama :D
Deb, lovingly owned by Tom Tom, Molly, Munchkin, and m'Deah. And a piece of my heart still owned by my sweet Tiny Tim.

freedomjack
Juvie Pup

Re: First time Grandsquammy!

Postby freedomjack » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:09 pm

:B-fly: :B-fly: Congrats! :B-fly: :B-fly:
~-*-~ Jen ~-*-~
**Avery and Fern's HOF**

gwsgrand
NFSA Member

Postby gwsgrand » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:36 pm

:multi: :D Congratulations Deb on your little additions. Enjoy the babies for they grow up so fast.
:queen: Ms. BayBea Belle, :tink: Tinkerbelle,
:fly: Linus, :occasion2: Baby Oops, and :love1: Daphne

Gail's (Deep South Home for Flyer Foundlings )

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:50 pm

Thanks Gail and Jen :D m'Deah is coming out for waxworms from me tonight, so I guess i'm not in too much trouble with her.
btw, the Baby Daddy is Buzz. He is the son of Glorya's Marty(former HOF was Amy) and Pistol, who is the son of Joan's Chuck and Mishi. The pup's Mom, m'Deah is one of Tom Hauk's rescues and came to me as the nestbox mate of the late Tiny Tim.

Does anyone else think it is time for the NFSA to begin opporating as the official regeristry of captive born flyers. We can keep up with pedigrees. And be careful about inbreeding and line breeding, and recogize lines and color variations. We can supply pup registrations, and pedigrees to HOFs. What do ya'll think?
Deb, lovingly owned by Tom Tom, Molly, Munchkin, and m'Deah. And a piece of my heart still owned by my sweet Tiny Tim.

lynn
Flying Furball

Postby lynn » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:58 pm

I think it is a great idea! Please let me know if I can help!
Lynn's spastic nuts: Bunpei, Boeing, Calypso, Dixie, and Piper.

voguemamselle619
NFSA Member

Postby voguemamselle619 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:41 pm

congrats! i want pictures!
- alyssa -

- HOF to shylo... my pretty squirrel girl -

- in loving memory of batman, the best little princess i could have ever asked for -

Vickie
NFSA Member

Postby Vickie » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:54 pm

Congratulations!
First Barnie, and now Jimmy--Zing, went the strings of my heart!

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:25 pm

Will they be door prizes at the 2008 Conference? :twisted:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:04 pm

Yeah Joan :D and I will rig it so that YOU go home with them :twisted:
I have been shirt training them since they are 5 weeks old now. I have another pair of rescue girls now too. They are now about 14 days old I think. They are a lot of work, but will make lovely bosses for some lucky HOFs. I would love to give them to new slaves at the conference.
I have been tempted to swap the little ones out for the big ones with m'Deah, but I am too chicken to try it with her. They all 4 spend shirt time with me and would probably smell the same to her. I know that several flyers have been good adoptive moms to babies that have been snuck in among their own same-age babies, but does anyone know if a mom has been given younger babies in place of her older ones? I would not be considering it, but both babies have very loose stools. They aren't having frequent diahrrea, jst very yellow and runny when I stimulate them after feedings.

Return to “BIRTH & ADOPTION ANNOUNCEMENTS”