New Adoption: Delilah

Share your joy! Here's the place for newly owned HOFs to announce births and adoptions.

Moderator: Joan

spiritedaway20
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

New Adoption: Delilah

Postby spiritedaway20 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:10 pm

Just introducing Delilah to the boards. She has joined Samson and I (they arent in the same cage of course). Her owner wanted to rehome her for time, space (cats), and legality issues and just wanted to do what was best for her little furball. So here she is with me and here she will stay. I believe she said she was 10 weeks old and received from Helen's Little Critters at the age of 4 1/2 to 5 weeks old. She said she was so little her ears hadn't really "popped" yet and wasn't self groming. She is very hyper, more so than Samson. She likes the new flyer blocks. Going to introduce quinoa tomorrow. One day at a time for this little gal. Obviously she loved her because she brought her this far at having been shipped at such a young age.

Here is a picture of her in the cage she came in. Just picked her up on the 20th (or whatever date tuesday was lol).

20130822_131543.jpg
She loves yogurt.
20130822_131543.jpg (1.92 MiB) Viewed 1552 times

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: New Adoption: Delilah

Postby Joan » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:37 am

What a lucky girl! You sure she's not a mini, furry piglet ... looks like a little pot on that belly. LOL :twisted:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

spiritedaway20
NFSA Member

Postby spiritedaway20 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:30 am

Joan wrote:What a lucky girl! You sure she's not a mini, furry piglet ... looks like a little pot on that belly. LOL :twisted:

Haha thanks joan. If she doesnt have a pot belly now she will soon. She is a mini race car! I understand why she said with cats said she couldnt give her enough out of cage time (i felt bad for the owner). She is more hyper than samson ever was at that age. I'm just the person for the job though. I have to get her a stealth wheel to see if she will use that because she doesn't utilize the wheel in the cage, so all she does is backflips in her cage in one spot regardless of new toys (stereotypy?). The owner said that's all she does when she is in there as opposed to using the wheel.

She is going to love the ropes on my ceiling she can climb on and race around. Working on figurng out what kind of bigger cage will suit her eventually. I just got to give her time to see what she needs. She is a lot less greasy now since I scrubbed her cage. I saw her self groom once so good sign on age estimation from previous owner who did her best to gauge her real age.

Skirkpatrick74
Flying Furball

Postby Skirkpatrick74 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:50 pm

She is such a cutie!
Shannon, mom to Sandy, Daisy, Jack, Zooey and three human teenagers! :)

spiritedaway20
NFSA Member

Postby spiritedaway20 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:39 am

Skirkpatrick74 wrote:She is such a cutie!

Thanks! She is already calming down a bit. Still doing back flips though.

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:22 pm

These back flips were probably her only exercise when she was caged so much. Lots of pups will do this and then stop as they age. She might take to a Stealth ... or sit in it and eat as one of mine did. LOL
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

spiritedaway20
NFSA Member

Postby spiritedaway20 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:21 pm

Joan wrote:These back flips were probably her only exercise when she was caged so much. Lots of pups will do this and then stop as they age. She might take to a Stealth ... or sit in it and eat as one of mine did. LOL

I agree joan that seems to be what it looked and looks like. I thought it was from her tiny cage too. It was really crowded with toys a squirrel wouldnt use. She meant well. Itd be a good cage for a sick flyer or one that is very young, but there was so much stuff she couldn't jump or run. I'm sure she intended on upgrading it, but since she was rehoming her that might be why. Or she just didnt realize how fast she was growing perhaps. Like I said she mean well.

Haha I thought she might sit in it and eat it. Lol but she really wants to run and in her new cage she sont be able to do backflips lol if she sits in it and eats it oh well. Its her wheel. :) haha

Samson adores his wheel...but he chews it here and there.squirrels will be squirrels.

Return to “BIRTH & ADOPTION ANNOUNCEMENTS”