My new girl!!!!!

Share your joy! Here's the place for newly owned HOFs to announce births and adoptions.

Moderator: Joan

dawnb02
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

My new girl!!!!!

Postby dawnb02 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:55 pm

We have a new girl. :D

I told myself that the only way that I would ever get another flyer was if it was a rescue or take one that someone didn't want anymore. After losing Rocky last month, I thought I would just take a look at Craigslist out of curiosity. Well, I found someone who "didn't have time" for their flyer and wanted to find "him" a good home. I wasn't ready yet because I was still grieving over Rocky. I told my husband and he immediately called and arranged to see "him". The girl drove from another state to my office (we didn't know she lived in another state!) and sleeping in "his" pouch was a chubby little thing with a short tail (Rocky's tail was long and beautiful). I immediately knew that this was NOT a "HE", but a "SHE"! I was disappointed because I wanted a boy. We ended up taking her. The only information I had was that she had him for about a month. She never saw him fly, just hop from person to person. She got her from someone who had her for about 6 months. She is supposed to be under a year old. I have no clue how old she really is. The cage smelled horrible!! It was a bird cage and I took it outside and scrubbed it. My sponge was brown from all the poop caked up on the bars and she only had almonds in her bowl. It's been about 3 weeks now, and I LOVE her to death!!!!! More to come.....

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: My new girl!!!!!

Postby Joan » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:14 pm

Thank heaven this little furball ended up with you. She's had a rough start, but now has a loving family. :D
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Return to “BIRTH & ADOPTION ANNOUNCEMENTS”