2 flyers

This forum is set up for the Flyer EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM to address emergencies. The Team will be notified when emergencies are posted. Contact any Moderator listed below to get the Team Notified.

Moderators: Joan, Anne27, DinNorman

Debi62
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

2 flyers

Postby Debi62 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:37 pm

Hi I have some issues with both my flyers at the same time, wondering if it is food related as my husband gave them a couple salted cashews and then they were acting strange, like screaming and rolling around peeing themselves and pooping I took the older one to the vet and she was thinking a bladder infection when I came home I noticed the other one was doing the same thing, I been reading about calcium deficiency could cause this also the Vet gave baytril so I gave to both also a probiotic to help with belly, but it seemed to happen again to my older one after almost a week so I gave some plain yogurt with a lol honey to see if that might help, there eating fine but don’t seem quite themselves , I bought some tums but nervous to give them because there peppermint flavor wondering if that’s ok?!, please any help will be greatly appreciated at this point I’m gonna order the blocks again thinking it could be MBD I use to feed blocks all the time but they kept molding so I quit buying them.... please Help!!!

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: 2 flyers

Postby Joan » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:02 am

Debi62 wrote:.. wondering if it is food related as my husband gave them a couple salted cashews and then they were acting strange, like screaming and rolling around peeing themselves and pooping

Cashews are usually salted. Excess salt can lead to salt toxicity, which causes vomiting, weakness, diarrhea, muscle tremors, and seizures. If salt is the problem it will pass as they drink water and their systems settle. I would stop all medications and resume normal diet. Make sure they have fresh water. Over time they should be getting better. Keep us informed.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Return to “Emergency Help Needed”