My flyer has something growing on her belly.

This forum is set up for the Flyer EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM to address emergencies. The Team will be notified when emergencies are posted. Contact any Moderator listed below to get the Team Notified.

Moderators: Joan, Anne27, DinNorman

loonytunegirl
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

My flyer has something growing on her belly.

Postby loonytunegirl » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:13 am

Hi, My husband and I are from Ohio and we found a flyer in our driveway that I think a cat had tryed to eat. We brought her inside and nursed her back to health and have had her going on 6 years. We love her dearly. About a week ago we noticed she had what looked like an infected breast. We don't have any vets around here that know anything about flyers so we looked online and saw that we could use neosporin on her. She is now getting another one on another breast. They look like boils. They are huge this morning. I can't tell if she is in pain. She drinks a lot of water but she won't eat much at all. Our vets around here won't even look at her. Can you please help me? I would take her anywhere to save her life. I just don't know where to take her. Thank you.
Karen Pierson

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: My flyer has something growing on her belly.

Postby Joan » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:22 am

The only thing you can do is find a vet who works with rodents. Or your vet can call OSU's vet school for a consultation. She needs medical evaluation and care.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

DinNorman
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Re: My flyer has something growing on her belly.

Postby DinNorman » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:50 am

Mastitis is not that common. Sounds like that is what you are up against, though. Antibiotics should help her out. Topically, will only help after the fact. By mouth or injection will hopefully stop further eruptions. I have seen animals slough some tissue over breast cancers too; so that is an outside possibility. Hopefully you can find a vet who will see exotic animals soon.
David

Return to “Emergency Help Needed”