Lost Flying Squirrel

This forum is set up for the Flyer EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM to address emergencies. The Team will be notified when emergencies are posted. Contact any Moderator listed below to get the Team Notified.

Moderators: Joan, Anne27, DinNorman

FutureSmitty
Baby Flyer
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Lost Flying Squirrel

Postby FutureSmitty » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:31 am

Hi Everyone,

Our (almost) 4 year old squirrel Rocket has gone missing. I let him out of his cage yesterday morning to play with me and have a romp around the house. He usually returns to his cage to sleep when he's tired or curls up in one of his favorite cozy spots. We've checked every one of his favorite hiding places and can't find him anywhere - drawers, closets, hanging clothes, everywhere. I'm starting to get really worried as he's never been missing for this long and usually comes when I call him. I've even walked around outside calling just in case he slipped out there when I took the trash out yesterday. Do you have any ideas? We've left his cage door open with his favorite foods in his food bowl and he hasn't returned for even a nibble. Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,
Jen

FutureSmitty
Baby Flyer

Re: Lost Flying Squirrel

Postby FutureSmitty » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:46 am

We found him but unfortunately it's not a happy reunion. He had found a way into the microwave and must have chewed on some wires and electrocuted himself. We are so devastated.

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:03 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this. I know you must be so upset. I do know that he is now with many friends. :angel13:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Skirkpatrick74
Flying Furball

Postby Skirkpatrick74 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:54 pm

I'm so, so, sorry Jen. I have no words that could even begin to comfort you. You are in my thoughts and prayers. :grouphuuug:
Shannon, mom to Sandy, Daisy, Jack, Zooey and three human teenagers! :)

Return to “Emergency Help Needed”