Possible Seizure?

This forum is set up for the Flyer EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM to address emergencies. The Team will be notified when emergencies are posted. Contact any Moderator listed below to get the Team Notified.

Moderators: Joan, Anne27, DinNorman

blood red yeti
Baby Flyer
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Possible Seizure?

Postby blood red yeti » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:56 pm

Hello Everyone,

So today I went out to get a Christmas tree with my family, when we got home we ended up having to cut off a foot or so of the trunk, I thought maybe Blossom would like to play on it since it's a real tree and the cage was a bit bare seeing as it's my spare and I didn't have a whole lot of travel space to bring toys when I came home. Well I just woke her up to play with her a bit and she was a bit bitey so I thought she might be hungry so I put her back in her cage. She ate a bit of food and then started checking the log out, chewing on it and I think eating bits of the bark or whatever was on it. After a few minutes of this her head started to shake rather violently and rapidly, almost like a seizure but she didn't fall over or go limp, she just kept running around the cage and away from me since I was trying to get her out. Between the shakes she would either move her position, or chew on the cage like she was trying to get something out of her mouth. I finally got her out of the cage after a few minutes and the shaking stopped, she ran around on my bed a bit, I had already taken the log out so I put her back in her cage and she ran up into a pouch to go to sleep. I don't really know what the shaking is so I thought I'd post here. Sorry if it's nothing and I'm wasting somebodies time. Thank you for any and all answers.

Doug
If not you, who? If not now, when?

Joan
Site Admin

Re: Possible Seizure?

Postby Joan » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:11 pm

Doug, if she eating OK now, I wouldn't worry. It may or may not have been something on the log, but since you've removed it, it's a non issue. Was she shaking like vibrating or really shaking hard? Did you notice her mouth or throat moving during this? Flyers will "vibrate" and mouth or throat move silently when they are speaking untra-sonically ... you just can't hear them.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

blood red yeti
Baby Flyer

Postby blood red yeti » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:34 pm

She was really shaking hard, she hasn't had an issue with it since last night so I've been rather relieved by that. Thanks for responding. I'll keep an eye on her and let you know if it continues.

Doug

Skirkpatrick74
Flying Furball

Postby Skirkpatrick74 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:26 am

Doug, bless your heart, I bet you were freaking out! I hope she doesn't have a repeat!
Shannon, mom to Sandy, Daisy, Jack, Zooey and three human teenagers! :)

blood red yeti
Baby Flyer

Postby blood red yeti » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:39 pm

Thanks I hope it's a one time thing too, though it definitely made Thanksgiving break a bit more interesting.

Doug

Return to “Emergency Help Needed”