Recieved baby and she is not eating

This forum is set up for the Flyer EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM to address emergencies. The Team will be notified when emergencies are posted. Contact any Moderator listed below to get the Team Notified.

Moderators: Joan, Anne27, DinNorman

kitty gal
Baby Flyer

Recieved baby and she is not eating

Postby kitty gal » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:37 am

My flyer was shipped on Thursday, and we were there to pick her up that day. They couldn't find her. They accidentally left her on the plane. We got her the next morning. This is Delta airlines.

Anyway, I was told that she was hand tamed. She has been terrified of us so far. Runs away from us. My main worry is she isn't eating. She isn't taking formula. I haven't seen her drink water. Today is Saturday. Tomorrow is going on to Sunday.

I've been trying to offer her grapes, berries, pine nuts, walnuts, pecans. She won't take food from us. I've left food out as well. I've tried giving her formula and she won't drink it. She is supposedly 10 weeks old.

Anyway, I don't know what to do. I'm not sure if she will come around or if I should contact the breeder. I'm getting worried. Any advice would be appreciated.

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: Recieved baby and she is not eating

Postby Joan » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:48 pm

It's often difficult to tell how much is being eaten. Put small amounts of food in bottle caps and sprinkle flour around that area. You will see paw prints if the food is approached. Also, it's easier to tell what's eaten in small bottle caps. Even put formula in one although she may be weaning herself. Try to stay away so she can settle down. It's not unusual for a pup to not eat after a change in location plus this poor baby was lost for a day.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

slmero
Juvie Pup
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: Recieved baby and she is not eating

Postby slmero » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:28 pm

kitty gal wrote:My flyer was shipped on Thursday, and we were there to pick her up that day. They couldn't find her. They accidentally left her on the plane. We got her the next morning. This is Delta airlines.

Anyway, I was told that she was hand tamed. She has been terrified of us so far. Runs away from us. My main worry is she isn't eating. She isn't taking formula. I haven't seen her drink water. Today is Saturday. Tomorrow is going on to Sunday.

I've been trying to offer her grapes, berries, pine nuts, walnuts, pecans. She won't take food from us. I've left food out as well. I've tried giving her formula and she won't drink it. She is supposedly 10 weeks old.

Anyway, I don't know what to do. I'm not sure if she will come around or if I should contact the breeder. I'm getting worried. Any advice would be appreciated.
if you don't mind me asking, where did you get her? Mine was shipped to me on a plane as well and I was just curious if it was the same place I got my baby girl. Mine was supposedly 10 weeks old too so it sounds similar. Have faith because my Bella was the same way so we left her alone to get used to her new cage and smells for a few days before we tried to handle her or take her out to play.
Momma to 3 babygirls:
Miss Bella Rose (my newest and youngest, flying squirrel)
Miss Gracie Ann (my rebellious middle child, ferret who thinks she's a dog)
Miss Foxy Lady (my first-born, dog)

Return to “Emergency Help Needed”