New Squirrel won't come out.

This forum is set up for the Flyer EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM to address emergencies. The Team will be notified when emergencies are posted. Contact any Moderator listed below to get the Team Notified.

Moderators: Joan, Anne27, DinNorman

AnnaG
Baby Flyer
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

New Squirrel won't come out.

Postby AnnaG » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:46 pm

Okay, so I bought a new squirrel from New Jersey. He was shipped. He was supposed to be an 8 week old. I'm worried he was an adult taken from the wild. He will not ever come out of his house not even at night to eat which worries me deeply. He is so skittish and he already flies. Which is another clue that he's not an 8 week old squirrel. I don't know what to do because I'm afraid he's going to starve to death or dehydrate. He is not able to be handled. I am at a loss. I have no idea what to do. Any advice would be wonderful. It's been about 2 weeks.

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: New Squirrel won't come out.

Postby Joan » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:45 pm

He has to be eating and drinking or he would not be aline after 2 weeks. Even an adult flyer can learn to trust, but may never bond like a pup would. Give him time and be very patient. Read about bonding with an older flyer: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=205
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Return to “Emergency Help Needed”