Worm?

This forum is set up for the Flyer EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM to address emergencies. The Team will be notified when emergencies are posted. Contact any Moderator listed below to get the Team Notified.

Moderators: Joan, Anne27, DinNorman

flyingacee
Baby Flyer
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Worm?

Postby flyingacee » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:01 pm

I have two male flying squirrels about two years old that were wild and rehabbed. One of them hasn't been active. His front teeth fell out in my hand and he isn't as robust as he was. His balls got very large. He just had something that came out of his penis that looks like a whitish slug or worm. There was also one in my hand when he peed and pooped on me when I was checking him over two days ago. Do you know what this is? I have a picture if you would like me to send it to you. I want to release them back into the wild but I can't in his condition. Also, can it be transmitted to the other ones I have? The vet's office gave me one in the fall and I was going to release him now that it's spring but he is also not as robust as he was. They were kept in separate cages way away from each other but the two brothers were always together so I just separated them today.

Return to “Emergency Help Needed”