Wakes Up Too Late

Discussion about Flying Squirrels
autumnfox
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Wakes Up Too Late

Postby autumnfox » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:51 pm

My little boy doesn't usually wake up until after 1am these days, which is just too late for me since I have to wake up at 6am for work. If I stay up then it kills me the next morning, but I feel so guilty that I can't let him out to play and he only spends time with me asleep in his pouch. I worry about his mental health and our bond. If I try to wake him up earlier, he will just scurry to some nook or cranny to fall back asleep in. Is there anything I can do to change his sleep schedule?

Joan
Site Admin

Re: Wakes Up Too Late

Postby Joan » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:58 am

Don't worry this is just his nature. When you are with him have you tried letting him sleep in your tucked-in shirt instead of a pouch? I never used a pouch and Chuck just slept in my shirt when I went about my day. Having him next to you and sleeping against you is bonding too.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

autumnfox

Postby autumnfox » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:58 pm

I'm just a little paranoid I'll crush him accidentally if he is not in a pouch while I'm moving around :puppydogeyes: I only put him in the pouch for the beginning though(about 30 minutes to an hour) and then I'll sit down and watch TV or Youtube and place him in a small blanket on my lap and stroke him while he sleeps for a long time. He really loves this as he can lick me and sprawl out.

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:41 am

He sounds so precious :multi:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Return to “General”