Calcium Spray

Discussion about Flying Squirrels
Lora
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Calcium Spray

Postby Lora » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:29 pm

I stumbled on this today while browsing Pet Smart online (as I often do these days, lol). It's a spray on calcium supplement. Here's the product description: Contains the correct calcium/phosphorous (2:1) and vitamin D3 ratios to encourage healthy growth and development in green iguanas and herbivorous reptiles. Says it's mango scented. That certainly sounds more appealing than the gritty ol Rep Cal Bobo won't touch. It's called ESU Reptile Iguana Calcium Spray. Has anyone tried it?

yubman
Flying Furball
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Postby yubman » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:15 pm

I've not heard of it, but it does sound interesting. Ive found a few calcium blocks that were citris and berry flavored but my flyers just won't eat them. I've been using the repcal sprinkled onto yogurt and fruit, but I'm always on the look out for other ways of making sure my little boogers get thier calcium.

tony

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:25 am

The ESU Reptile Iguana Calcium Spray has the correct calcium/phosphorous (2:1) as well as D3.
I'm not sure how you figure dose with a spray, but I recently ordered some Calcivet by Vetafarm. That and Calciboost look identical:

Calciboost http://birds2grow.com/prod-calciboost.html
Application: In water (10-20 mls per litre) or on soft-food 0.1-0.2 mls per 100g bodyweight. Use the lower doses in hard water areas.
Pack sizes: 30ml, 100ml, 250ml, 500ml, 1ltr, 5ltr
Active ingredients:
Calcium Borogluconate 33g/L
Vitamin D3 25000 i.u./L
Magnesium ( Mg ++ ) as Magnesium Sulfate 2 g/L
Shelf-life: Normally 16-18 months

Calcivet by vetafarm http://www.birds2grow.com/prod-calcivet.html
Dosage: add 10-20 ml per quart of drinking water
pack size 30 ml, 100 ml, 250 ml, 500 ml, liter and 5 liter bottles.
Active ingredients
Calcium borogluconate 33g/L
Vitamin D3 25000 i.u./L
Magnesium ( Mg ++ ) as Magnesium sulfate 2 g/L

These both lack phosphorous, but do have magnesium which works with calcium. I've been using L&M in the water and adding T-Rex Bone Aid liquid calcium for reptiles. I started using this in the water to make sure Mishi was getting calcium and D3 when she was pregnant and nursing. I'm going to try the Calcivet for birds and offer non treated water too.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Return to “General”