nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Dinner at the NE Florida "Wild Bunch" Cage

Postby Joan » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:47 pm

Was that the dinner bell?

You try hanging up here til supper!

He's getting close.

I hope it's not salad night.

What's a sweet thing like you doing in a place like this?

HOORAH! It's fruit night!
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

yubman
Flying Furball
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Postby yubman » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:40 pm

Wonderful pix Joan. I love the setup the Wild Bunch have setup. I can see now why no-one wants to leave!

tony

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:53 pm

Photo credit goes to Tom. I just post 'em and write captions. :twisted:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Kay
NFSA Member

Postby Kay » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:44 pm

Those are some scary eyes on the wild bunch. Must be because they're wild!! That looks like a great feed. :animaldog: Last night the dog was begging when I fed sqrlz, I gave him some frozen peas, lima beans and apples. He ate it all and begged for more.
kay :icecream:

gwsgrand
NFSA Member

Postby gwsgrand » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:34 am

Didn't I see one on the out side of the cage trying to get in??? For sure that is a dream cage that all HOF's wished they had. Now if I can just get my hubby to build me one in our back yard .
Tom how much cotton does it take to keep the flyers warm when it really gets cold? Maybe Santa could send you some supplies???
:queen: Ms. BayBea Belle, :tink: Tinkerbelle,
:fly: Linus, :occasion2: Baby Oops, and :love1: Daphne

Gail's (Deep South Home for Flyer Foundlings )

Naya
Flying Furball

Postby Naya » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:40 am

Wow you have so many flyers and theyre all so adorable!!!

Mary
NFSA Member

Postby Mary » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:51 am

Love the pics and update on the wildones. They sure have a safe castle with lots of warm nesting places.
I think I will give my outside ones some apples and grapes tonight and see if they will eat it. They like cranberries and mushroom pieces.

Thanks for sharing.
Mary

hauk
NFSA Member

Wild Bunch

Postby hauk » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:33 am

Gail, Cotton is one thing I never have enough of, They steal it from each other, The center Condos probably have 50 bags of cotton balls in them, And I am sure with all the flyers bunching up together they stay warm, I looked in the Condos last week and with all the flyers it looked like a fur coat was spread out on the cotton, There is no way to count how many inhabitants are in the cage, Most of the individual nest boxes have tenants but I have found that these are the ones with babies, I do not interfere with the every day business of the flyers, That is thier home and I just see to it that they have whatever they need, I never bother the babies because I want everything to be as natural for them as can be. There have been around fifty adults released this year, I have a very large colony living on my property. Tom

Moca
Flying Furball

Postby Moca » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:46 am

That is so cool...What do you do about roaming cats?
Protect wildlife,keep ye cat indoors.
www.abcbirds.org
:coffee: Moca

hauk
NFSA Member

Cats

Postby hauk » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:14 am

Moca: Don't be concerned about any animal getting in the "Wild Bunch" cage, It is constructed so that not even a snake can get in, It is even mosquito proof, I have had full grown Raccoon try to get in and all she succeded in doing was make a hole in the mosquito screening on the outside of the main hardware cloth, Of course I can look out the back door and keep an eye on everything. The main hardware cloth is 1/4" mesh, That is why a snake can't get in. The outside perimiter is protected by motion sensor lights that are sensitive enough to come on if a rat crosses the beam. Tom

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:39 pm

It's such a thrill to be inside the enclosure at night. I wish everyone gets a chance to visit sometime.
Tom, I bet you could use donations of Esbilac and Nut-N-Berry too. What are some of the other things you use lots of?

hauk
NFSA Member

Wild Bunch Cage

Postby hauk » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:56 pm

Deb I use a lot of cotton, Nuts n Berries, I buy nuts by the 50 pound bag and I have a Gray squirrel rehabber that gets me peanuts wholesale from the Navy Base, I also get them 50 pounds at a time, i sent you a few of the pecans I got, The flyers use quite a bit of Rep Cal and Sun Drops vitamins, Tons of fruits and vegetables and mushrooms, Meal worms, (These guys eat better than I do) but I wouldn't have it any other way. By the way don't forget that a surprise from Joan and I for the NFSA members only is just a couple of weeks away. Tom

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:13 pm

:multi: I loooove surprises!
I'm gonna make the rounds of the deer processing businesses soon. If I get lots of antlers, I'll send some to you if you want them. They make nice looking perches and Molly, at least, thinks they are yummy. The others may nibble too, but it's Molly I notice mostly chewing antlers.
btw, Tiny Tim says to say Hi to Big Tom. He is a little bit pesky in my shirt today :roll: I'll prolly switch him out with Tom Tom. m'Deah is still a handful :? Can't let her out, so she is in Tom Tom's big cage. I will try the bathroom thing with her one night soon. If she does well and can't find a way to escape and hide, I'll do it on a regular basis. Both babies are well and happy though. Tiny Tim is using his right leg more and more. The left one is not as good. And when he gets fatigued, He becomes less coordinated.

Rhiannonn2626
Flying Furball

Postby Rhiannonn2626 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:22 pm

Could I wait to join until January and still get in on the fun surprise???? My hubby doesnt want any extra bills due in December :? He wants to only renew things in January. He does this with all his magazines too. Weirds me out... But he is the finances boss... I just spend the money! :wink:

hauk
NFSA Member

Suprise

Postby hauk » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:09 pm

Oh the suprise will cost the NFSA members nothing, It's something Joan and I have been talking about for a year and since you guys are all great it's going to happen. Tom

Mary
NFSA Member

Postby Mary » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:06 pm

A Surprise for US? You got my curiousity going. My wheels are turning. This is a large group.

For all I have learned and the help and wonderful guidance and the great efforts of keeping this group and website going, I think it would be special to give each of you a special gift. You are the ones who are our leaders, Who keep us together as a family.

Thank you
Mary

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:55 pm

Don't think a thing about it Mary. Tom & I love what we're doing and believe me, there are a lot of folks behind the scene who give their time and energy too. We have:

Darra who is a Board Moderator, working on the Flyer Registry, is a member of the Planning Committee and in charge of Sympathy Cards to members who lose furballs.

Judy C. is a Board Moderator, on the Flyer Registry & Planning Committees

Wanda is a Board Moderator, on the Research Fund Committee, Planning Committee, is the NFSA CafePress store manager, and is in charge of the Memorial Page, Website Memorial Page and Photo Contest. Wanda also helps me throw out the scammers, perverts and sploggers from the Board.

Katiedid is a Board Moderator, head of a future Poetry/Short Story Contest, NFSA Newsletter Editor and on the Planning Committee.

Moonsong is a Board Moderator, member of the Planning Committee and in charge of the Memorial Board for national Conferences.

Kay helps with CafePress/Website Store(s) as Artistic designer, is on the Planning Committee, Photo Contest and is the Offical Keeper of the NFSA Shroud

Kevin serves as our technical advisor and an Administrator (Technical support). He & Emma sponsor our site. He's in charge of the website and works with the group of volunteers. He is developing a Flyer Registry to go on the Website.

Did I forget anyone?

Rhiannonn2626
Flying Furball

Re: Suprise

Postby Rhiannonn2626 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:27 pm

hauk wrote:Oh the suprise will cost the NFSA members nothing, It's something Joan and I have been talking about for a year and since you guys are all great it's going to happen. Tom

Right but the boss doesnt want me to join until January.....Maybe I'll just be sneaky and skip lunch so I can join now....

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:49 pm

You'll get it in January ... don't worry. :D

Rhiannonn2626
Flying Furball

Postby Rhiannonn2626 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:16 pm

Yeah! I'm gonna join on the 1st! My husband says I cant join until I get my baby and I should have him by then! I cant wait! I love surprises! And I'm already garnering donations lol! I have a rehabber friend who does birds and she is going to do her yearly clean out in January and I have claimed some cages and other various items for us! Not to mention the lovely english walnut tree in her front yard! I swear I was friend with her BEFORE I knew about the tree! But you can bet I have a bushel of walnuts in my freezer! I only got the one this year...Just wait till next year though...walnuts for everyone!

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:20 pm

[quote="Rhiannonn2626"]...Just wait till next year though...walnuts for everyone!

You'll be a hit at National Conferences. :D

Mary
NFSA Member

Postby Mary » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:11 am

Joan wrote:[b]Don't think a thing about it Mary. Tom & I love what we're doing and believe me, there are a lot of folks behind the scene who give their time and energy too. We have:
b]

Thats exactly what I meant. Every single one of the board members who keep this website going. It takes alot of work on each ones part and what they do. I just could not remember everyones name on the board as I was writing the note last night..
For all the ones who help make this site run so smooth and organized.
I am sorry if it was not worded right. :oops:
I would feel so bad if I hurt anyone. :(

Mary

Lora
NFSA Member

Dinner at the NE Florida Wild Bunch Cage

Postby Lora » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:46 am

Stop you guys..... kleenex anyone (sniff)? I don't know about the rest of you but I'm tearing up over here. There is a special place in heaven for people like you who care for the little furry ones.

bevandebbie
NFSA Member

Postby bevandebbie » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:21 am

We are very excited about seeing the Wild Bunch this Friday night when we pick up our new pup, Chester, from Joan's house. I am looking forward to meeting Chuck and Mishi, as well as our new pup, Chester. We are very excited about going to Tom's with Joan to see the Wild Bunch feeding at dark. Can't wait!!! :multi: :multi:
Debbie & Chester

Return to “General”