why does it suprise me that my squirrel hides nuts?

Discussion about Flying Squirrels
Nativeprincess
Flying Furball
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

why does it suprise me that my squirrel hides nuts?

Postby Nativeprincess » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:25 pm

Now, I’m sure you have all interacted w/ this at some point, but it still amazes me when ever my own squirrel does it.
Im currently packing up my apt to move to Northern California. And I came across a BIG bag of nuts u hadn’t given Rogue. I just moved it onto my desk and forgot about it…..big mistake.
Well 2 days later I was looking for it to give Rogue some and I could not find hide nor hair of this bag of nuts. At the same time I was noticing the unusual amt of nuts in my shoes/boxes/and bed.
This morning I finally put 2 and 2 together, Rogue has gone through this entire bag of nuts and now it my job to find them before I move out ^_^
What I wanna know, is how she managed to get a big brazil nut…almost the size of her to a rather high shelf of my book case…….w/o any toes on her little paws!

yubman
Flying Furball

Postby yubman » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:44 pm

Yep.. industrious little furballs. They just can resist hiding nuts when the seasons change. I find them in everything and everywhere. I just found a bunch in my winter coat this morning. Someone must have hid it last year before I put it away. Nothing like getting to work and digging around for a badge and pulling up a handfull of hazelnuts.

tony

gwsgrand
NFSA Member

Postby gwsgrand » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:12 pm

It is so much fun for us to reach into a pocket or into a suitcase and come out with some kind of nut. While on our cruise we found nuts in pockes and it made us smile and think of our sweet little furball girls.
:queen: Ms. BayBea Belle, :tink: Tinkerbelle,
:fly: Linus, :occasion2: Baby Oops, and :love1: Daphne

Gail's (Deep South Home for Flyer Foundlings )

duma
Juvie Pup

Postby duma » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:03 pm

We just got back from a cruise and also found many nuts hidden in our suitcases. It gave us a laugh :)

Nativeprincess
Flying Furball

Postby Nativeprincess » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:03 pm

Yeah, I in the process of moving and jeez! I swear My squirrel robbed an entier tree!
I'm finding them in the most impossible places...its realy cute though

Naya
Flying Furball

Postby Naya » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:29 pm

Aww, Homie just started "hiding" nuts but she puts them in odd places. She tried to stuff a whole pecan in the gap between my curtain and the wall. It was kinda funny watching her smash the nut there for a minute till it finally stuck into there. Then I pulled it out and she did it all over again :twisted:

Return to “General”