m'Deah has new address

Discussion about Flying Squirrels
Deb
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

m'Deah has new address

Postby Deb » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:11 am

Well it's been a week now, so I guess m'Deah has moved and not just been on an extended visit. She has been making a dash for Molly and Munchkins cage lately when I get her out to play. She would visit them through the cage wire, and if I let them out too they would play together without any aggression. Then last week she went into M&Ms cage when I put them in for the night, and wouldn't let me get her out to put her back with Tom Tom & Tiny Tim. I moved an extra nest box in and she has been active and happy in there.
Tonight I decided to see how bad she has been missing the boys and carried her into the den to play out with them. I left the cage door open and after giving the boys sweet kisses, she went into her old cage and started moving her nut stash... to M&Ms cage. She has been taking nuts through the kitchen into the livingroom and putting them away in the stashes in their cage and other spots in there. Tom Tom and Tiny Tim get all excited every trip back into the den and try to play with her :roll: but she is on a mission :twisted:
At least she is less slappy when I touch her now. She is really starting to be kinda sweet.

hauk
NFSA Member

Moving

Postby hauk » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:40 am

Deb it sounds like M'deah has been giving this a lot of thought, She seemed to me to be very head strong (Female). I wish it had worked out for you to take Powder but she is terrified at the sight of a cat and I believe she could actually die from fright from just having one around, As of today she is officially a "TPS" (Toms personal squirrel) I get her out in the morning and she spends the whole day in my shirt or If I go to Joan's house or if she comes over here then she stays in Joans shirt, I'm sure that Hou and Halle will be getting jealous. Tom

Lora
NFSA Member

M'Deah has a permanent address

Postby Lora » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:14 am

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. Tom is this a permanent arrangement? Personally my money's on YES cause I don't think you could part with her at this point (hehe). I think Mother Nature meant for you to have this special gift.

hauk
NFSA Member

Powder

Postby hauk » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:58 am

Yes Lora you could say it is permanent unless someone comes along that I know will give powder the same care and attention that I will give her. Tom

Rhiannonn2626
Flying Furball

Postby Rhiannonn2626 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:00 pm

I nominate Powder to be the official NFSA mascot! And she simply must come to the conference in the fall so that everyone can fall in love with her!
PROUD HOF to Pixie!!!

hauk
NFSA Member

Mascot

Postby hauk » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:02 pm

If we have a mascot I think it should be Chuck. Tom

peep
NFSA Member

Postby peep » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:05 pm

And why not MISHI???? SHE does all the work!!!
peep
State and Federal permit holder

Lora
NFSA Member

m'deah has a new address

Postby Lora » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:18 pm

Tom I don't think there is a better home for her than right there with you. We have all watched her blossom under your care. Besides all that I think someone's fallen in love with a certain little furball. :)

hauk
NFSA Member

Mascot

Postby hauk » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:47 pm

Peep I think this is why we do not have a single mascot, All of the flyers are mascots. Tom

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:22 pm

I am soooo happy you are keeping her Tom! I think everyone hoped you would :D
Yes, m'Deah is very headstrong, even for a flyer. I was afraid she would never learn to enjoy human interaction and it would always feel like she was being kept hostage. But she will accept some head rubs when she is in the nest and politely take her treats from my hand without slapping. She even comes to me for the nuts in the shells when I bring a fresh batch for her and M&M to add to their stashes.

Hey, m'Deah ALSO starts with M! Maybe she realized she was alphabetically in the wrong cage. Now I can refer to them as MM&M and T&T :twisted:

hauk
NFSA Member

alphabet

Postby hauk » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:54 pm

Maybe you will soon have the whole alphabet in flyers. Tom

gloryaf88
NFSA Member

Postby gloryaf88 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:40 pm

I'm betting that little Miss m'Deah did decide she was in the wrong cage.

I am so glad that Hauk has decided to keep Powder.
Glorya, Owned by Pistol Pete, owned partly by Martie Monster, whose heart will always belong to Amy, now owned by Count Dracula Monsterpete--Drago, and Little Foot MonsterPete.
In Loving Memory of Scoot, whom I will always miss!!

Return to “General”