War Dance

Discussion about Flying Squirrels
Naya
Flying Furball
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

War Dance

Postby Naya » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:52 pm

I have still not seen a war dance and I'm dying to know what it looks like. Has anyone caught a war dance on camera? Share! :?

Helen
Teen HOF

Postby Helen » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:22 pm

Yea I was wondering what that was too...I think i might have seen a pair of greys doing one in the park when I was younger...It looked kind of deadly...should I beware if mine does do that?
Owned by
Madamoiselle Artemis Isobella D'Antionette
Monsoiur Pierre Niagra von Faust (given to my loving boyfriend, Mommy loves you!)

Meeting you was fate; Becoming your friend was a choice; Loving you I had no control over XP

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:29 pm

Helen wrote:......should I beware if mine does do that?

If the ears are laying back and you're being looked at ... I'd get out of the way ASAP. They do this when they are really mad. Laughing at it is the WRONG thing to do as that makes 'em madder. :twisted:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Naya
Flying Furball

Postby Naya » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:31 pm

But mad flyers are so cute! Until you get attacked that is...but still!

Helen
Teen HOF

Postby Helen » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:46 pm

Naya wrote:But mad flyers are so cute! Until you get attacked that is...but still!

only Naya...-.-" that and her crazy wanna be FS hedgehog...
Owned by

Monsoiur Pierre Niagra von Faust (given to my loving boyfriend, Mommy loves you!)

Meeting you was fate; Becoming your friend was a choice; Loving you I had no control over XP

voguemamselle619
NFSA Member

Postby voguemamselle619 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:42 pm

Joan wrote:If the ears are laying back and you're being looked at ... I'd get out of the way ASAP. They do this when they are really mad. Laughing at it is the WRONG thing to do as that makes 'em madder. :twisted:

what would one have to do to get their flyer this angry? lol.
i've never seen the war dance. i'm curious. is it just bc batman always gets what she wants?
- alyssa -

- HOF to shylo... my pretty squirrel girl -

- in loving memory of batman, the best little princess i could have ever asked for -

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:59 pm

[quote="voguemamselle619"] what would one have to do to get their flyer this angry? lol.
You just never know. :roll:

i've never seen the war dance. i'm curious.
They stomp their back feet like doing a jig in place. Lay their ears flat and look VERY angry.

is it just bc batman always gets what she wants?
Even that doesn't stop it. :twisted:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

voguemamselle619
NFSA Member

Postby voguemamselle619 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:04 pm

oh wait joan... now that you describe it, i think i mighta gotten a mini one the other night. i laughed at it... haha. it was part of a game that went wrong i guess. i was teasing her with a cat feather toy and she was attacking it hardcore. then she HATED the cat toy and that's when she did a little stomp stomp and tail twitching (my friend and i both laughed hysterically at this), but her ears didn't really go back.
- alyssa -

- HOF to shylo... my pretty squirrel girl -

- in loving memory of batman, the best little princess i could have ever asked for -

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:14 pm

That was it! Flyers will destroy feathered toys ... shows you what they'd do to a bird. I quit getting feathered toys because Mishi would strip them in 2 seconds.
Last edited by Joan on Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gloryaf88
NFSA Member

Postby gloryaf88 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:17 pm

Pistol put on a true war dance last night. Ears layed back and staring a hole through me, then he goes into this flying rage, flying hard into every side of his cage. Then looks at me really hard again with ears back and lets out a high pitched squawk. All because I did not crack his pecans. I figured if Martie cracks her own, so can he, but it did not take me long to get those pecans cracked and laid out for him. :bad-words:
Glorya, Owned by Pistol Pete, owned partly by Martie Monster, whose heart will always belong to Amy, now owned by Count Dracula Monsterpete--Drago, and Little Foot MonsterPete.
In Loving Memory of Scoot, whom I will always miss!!

Lora
NFSA Member

War Dance

Postby Lora » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:10 pm

I am laughing so hard right now. I thought Martie was supposed to be the problem child here, lol. Seems she donned a halo since she moved in & Pistol, well...... bad, bad boy! Bojangles has not done the war dance for me yet but I'm sure my time is coming.

Naya
Flying Furball

Postby Naya » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:09 pm

I'm ultra spoiling my babies so that maybe one day I can see a war dance. As of yet, both babies are being very sweet and not problematic. Darnit! Boss wont war dance even when I steal his cracked pecan. He was nibbling away at a huge chunk and when I stole it he just stared at me with huge puppy dog eyes. Where the heck did his war dance go!? :bad-words:

Helen
Teen HOF

Postby Helen » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:49 pm

LOL Naya, Boss is too spoiled for a war dance...I think Gucci has a better chance of giving you one...try getting the hedgehog and them together...that might give you a better chance...
Owned by

Naya
Flying Furball

Postby Naya » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:02 pm

Theyd ignore eachother... :(

gloryaf88
NFSA Member

Postby gloryaf88 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:12 pm

Lora, yeah, Martie does have a halo now and Pistol has horns. I hope I never see another war dance any time soon. :twisted:
Glorya, Owned by Pistol Pete, owned partly by Martie Monster, whose heart will always belong to Amy, now owned by Count Dracula Monsterpete--Drago, and Little Foot MonsterPete.

Helen
Teen HOF

Postby Helen » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:33 am

OMG, I think I saw Isobella do one at me...I hada PB&J sandwich and she was sitting on my lap, in her pouch, she probably smelled the peanut butter, she seems to absolutely adore that stuff...Anyways, when I wouldn't give her a lick from my finers like usual, she flattened her ears and jumped onto the top of her cage and started to glare at me, next thing you know she's thumping her hind legs like Thumper the rabbit in Bambi and screeching at the top of her little lunsgs, I got scared and jsut gave her a bit of the sandwich. I love her but I love me too...she looked ready to jump me...YIKES! Never try to keep Isobella from her peanut butter....or you'll be sorry!
Owned by

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:24 pm

That was it!

Helen
Teen HOF

Postby Helen » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:42 pm

LOL yea scared the hell out of me...I was like...OOPS here's the pb&j please don't kill me pleassssssssssssse?
Owned by

gloryaf88
NFSA Member

Martie's First War Dance

Postby gloryaf88 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:22 am

Martie threw her first war dance with me on Friday :twisted:

I was getting ready to go somewhere and had already put her in the cage for the time I would be out. At first when I was walking around trying to get dressed she was sitting on her limb watching and waiting. When I sat down on the bed to put my shoes on, I looked over to see what she was doing and boy, was I suprised. She was one her shelf, her ears flat against her head, and her back legs flying up and down. After I watched this for a little bit, I walked over to her cage and started talking to her. She jumped on the cage door, shaking it at first, and then started trying to chew thru it. I left her there for a few minutes to see if she would finally settle down, but finally I let her out and let her stay with me until I got ready to go. That's all she wanted. :evilbat:

Helen
Teen HOF

Postby Helen » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:49 pm

Aw she really wanted squammy time...poor dear!
Owned by

Rhiannonn2626
Flying Furball

Postby Rhiannonn2626 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:00 am

I finally saw one! And I wasnt the one responsible for it... Let me begin by saying that I forgot to take out the nail trimmer insert on Pixies wheel, so her nails are so short she cant climb anything but fleece. So she was sitting on my shoulder having a walnut and that mean old daddy person turned on of all things the garbage disposal.(he was in the kitchen we were in the dining room) Pixie jumped a mile and fell off my shoulder and landed in the wardance position and just started going at it so loud my husband turned off the disposal to see what was up. It is so funny to see how upset see got knowing she was being laughed at!!!
PROUD HOF to Pixie!!!

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:10 am

Rhiannonn2626 wrote:...It is so funny to see how upset she got knowing she was being laughed at!!!

Oh yes, laughing is not the thing to do during a war dance. :twisted:

Return to “General”