Pistol finally learns.....

Discussion about Flying Squirrels
gloryaf88
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Pistol finally learns.....

Postby gloryaf88 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:52 pm

Pistol has finally learned how to fly :multi: It seems like it took forever but he can now go a short distance and he also leaps across things to get where he wants to go.

He will climb up the door frame and launch off on of the hinges on it. He only goes about three feet, but its the best he has ever done. He will also now jump from cage to cage, which is a short distance across the room from each other, and he will leap across areas while chasing Martie, where I use to have to get up and get him.

I am so happy that my little boy can FLY :D
Glorya, Owned by Pistol Pete, owned partly by Martie Monster, whose heart will always belong to Amy, now owned by Count Dracula Monsterpete--Drago, and Little Foot MonsterPete.
In Loving Memory of Scoot, whom I will always miss!!

Naya
Flying Furball

Postby Naya » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:54 pm

Congrats Pistol and Glorya!

NestleQuick
Flying Furball

Postby NestleQuick » Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:48 am

Oh! How exciting! I know exactly how you feel! The first time I saw Nestle fly, I put her on the door frame and made her fly to me three times...until she made that horribly pitiful cricket sound and I felt so guilty I vowed to never do it again. But congratulations!

Airstreamlady
NFSA Member

Postby Airstreamlady » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:11 am

Oh, that's too cute. He feels like a "big boy" now. Congrats. :twisted:
- Patti -
The Official Poopologist
Squammy to Peaches and Sweet Pea

Susie
NFSA Member

Postby Susie » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:47 pm

How old is Pistol? Just want to know. My Piper has never sailed yet, either and she is , I guess, about 10 months old. We watch her so close,tho, it's pitiful. ha

gloryaf88
NFSA Member

Postby gloryaf88 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:48 am

Pistol is over a year old and this is his first true flight. I thought he was going to skip the flying.... :D
Glorya, Owned by Pistol Pete, owned partly by Martie Monster, whose heart will always belong to Amy, now owned by Count Dracula Monsterpete--Drago, and Little Foot MonsterPete.

Susie
NFSA Member

Postby Susie » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:07 am

This is wonderful! I know you're so proud of him, and tickled that it finally did happen. I've had my doubts about Piper flying, too, but maybe when she's ready she'll take off. I know it will thrill my husband and me. I take her to a little bathroom we have and her play things are there (and her freedom). We never let her out in the room we have her pen in. There are big bookshelves, a fireplace and other things there she could get in or behind. I know you are celebrating !!

Helen
Teen HOF

Postby Helen » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:25 am

Haha That's so cool...now glorya's crazy house will just get worst! mwahaha looking forward to stories!!
Owned by
Madamoiselle Artemis Isobella D'Antionette
Monsoiur Pierre Niagra von Faust (given to my loving boyfriend, Mommy loves you!)

Meeting you was fate; Becoming your friend was a choice; Loving you I had no control over XP

gloryaf88
NFSA Member

Postby gloryaf88 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:52 am

Okay, Helen here is how last night went around here. I have a blanket hanging on my wall beside my bed for them to climb on and play. Well, there is a picture hanging above my bed and last night Pistol discovers he can fly from the blanket to the pictures. Everytime I would doze of, I would hear that Pic swing and bump the wall. I'd cut the light on, and there would be Pistol swinging on the pic. I guess I'm gonnas have to move it, if I don't it will probably hit me in the head later this week :roll:

Helen
Teen HOF

Postby Helen » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:07 pm

I think that's a great idea too. Maybe get one of those cool beach towels with like a picture on it and hang it up therre to take the place of the picture. That way they'll get their climb and you stay safe. Afterall I don't want anything happening to you.
Owned by

Monsoiur Pierre Niagra von Faust (given to my loving boyfriend, Mommy loves you!)

Meeting you was fate; Becoming your friend was a choice; Loving you I had no control over XP

gloryaf88
NFSA Member

Postby gloryaf88 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:53 pm

Great Idea, Helen. I've got just the thing to put up there. Thanks for the suggestion.

Helen
Teen HOF

Postby Helen » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:19 pm

LOL that's what I had to do with my room...I had this awesome oil painting there and she started to jump onto it. I saw it wobble and I was like....oh my....and i looked around and found this like tapestry thing to put up...
Owned by

Return to “General”