A TRUE Hof

Discussion about Flying Squirrels
Wanda
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

A TRUE Hof

Postby Wanda » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:56 pm

Everyday when I feed my flyers (even earlier in the evening) Rose always wakes up and jumps down my shirt. This evening while I was throwing everything down my shirt for her, I thought: What all does a true HOF do for their flyer? I know there are comments made all over this board but I think it would be fun to list them all in one place (here). It will be interesting to see all the comments made. So I'll start it.

A TRUE HOF:
Will throw anything and everything down their shirt.
Wanda
:flyer:
Owned by Shelly, Rose
:smt049 Peanut, Bud & Dinky Always In My Heart :smt049
Parrot, Miniature Donkey & 1 human
And All My Lil Orphans

Kay
NFSA Member

Postby Kay » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:08 pm

A true HOF will buy three green beans and one cherry tomato no matter what the check-out clerk says.
>k<

RaVeRiNaBuBbLe
Flying Furball

Postby RaVeRiNaBuBbLe » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:33 pm

a true HOF will talk her husband into buying a 4 bedroom house, instead of a three bedroom house, so as not to sacrifice the "squirrel room"
~Michele~

In Loving Memory of Mr. Pecan Oglethorpe (P.O.) and Molly MoMo. Momma will miss you, Babies.

marilyn
NFSA Member

Postby marilyn » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:46 pm

A true HOF thinks nothing of eating cereal from a box that their owner has been crawling around in.
Marilyn & David
Owned by Dixie, Heidi & Houdini
In Loving Memory of Burl

Susie
NFSA Member

Postby Susie » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:53 pm

Cracked hickory nuts down in your gown is always good. They love them and it kinda keeps them inside. My housecoat tied at the waist keeps them from falling out. And putting up with the pee is very sweet of me.

gwsgrand
NFSA Member

Postby gwsgrand » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:50 pm

A true HOF is putting just about any thing down their shirts and stuffing frozen acorns and pecans in their waist band and in the bra . Now one thing I will not permitt is having a meal worm or live bug on me. That is when this HOF runs from our furballs. They seem to have the funniest look on their little faces when they have bugs and want to get on me. :evilbat: :oops:

Could I claim furball abuse?
:queen: Ms. BayBea Belle, :tink: Tinkerbelle,
:fly: Linus, :occasion2: Baby Oops, and :love1: Daphne

Gail's (Deep South Home for Flyer Foundlings )

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:32 pm

A True HOF really enjoys squirrel kisses from an owner who finished scarffing down a large waxworm seconds ago :D
Deb, lovingly owned by Tom Tom, Molly, Munchkin, and m'Deah. And a piece of my heart still owned by my sweet Tiny Tim.

gloryaf88
NFSA Member

Postby gloryaf88 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:31 am

A true HOF keeps unsweetened Peanut Butter Baking Chips inside the Computer desk.

A true HOF sleeps only when her owners' sleep. :twisted:
Glorya, Owned by Pistol Pete, owned partly by Martie Monster, whose heart will always belong to Amy, now owned by Count Dracula Monsterpete--Drago, and Little Foot MonsterPete.
In Loving Memory of Scoot, whom I will always miss!!

Naya
Flying Furball

Postby Naya » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:44 am

A true HOF will still eat out of the bowl their furbutt just sat in. Squirrel germs? There is no such thing!

Bejammie
NFSA Member

Postby Bejammie » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:39 pm

a true HOF will stop eating lucky charms and other yummy cereals and start eating cheerios which she doesn't enjoy just so there is always a supply for her flyer. She will also start brewing a midnight coffee pot just so she can spend "quality time" with her flyer. She will also redecorate her entire room so just her flyer can have the world's biggest squirrel jungle gym, and give up her nightstand because her huge squirrel cage takes up too much room and she refuses to not have it in her room, incase her flyer wants some 2 am attention!
♠ Allison ♠
Squammy to Delilah and Timber
-Always remembering my little wild guy, Sprocket- gliding free in those southern breezes-
-The life of a lamb is no less precious to me than that of a human being.- Ghandi

NestleQuick
Flying Furball

Postby NestleQuick » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:26 am

A true HOF will get upset with her boyfriend when he makes such a fuss over a little squirrel pee on his shirt. A true HOF hardly notices it, whether its on their clothes or down their bra!

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:25 am

A True HOF will dump that boyfriend! :twisted:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Moonsong
Flying Furball

Postby Moonsong » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:42 am

A true HOF buys their owner their OWN box of Cheerios (which the owner may or may not eat if the alternative is Apple Jacks and Captain Crunch!)

A true HOF gets a babysitter for the night if they are going out of town for 2 days.

A true HOF allows their owner to nest in their hair (but MUST they pee there? UGH!)

A true HOF will change the station ont he radio if their owner hates their choice in music, even if it's the HOF's favorite song. (Tajar HATES Patsy Cline!)

A true HOF will post in this thread. :twisted:

On a side note, Jay and I are having a moving company come in this week to pack up our house for the move to Kansas. I have found lately that every other thought/worry about this move revolves around that furbutt in the other room! Just a few examples...

1. "When the movers start packing the house, I'm either sending Tajar to my brother's for the day or will put her in a room that we can close off, and tell the movers they better let me know before they go in that room!"

2. "I know I need to pack up your clothes... but I just got started on packing Tajar's box!"

3. "There is a hurricane coming this way. I'm cleaning Tajar's cage tomorrow and getting her travel cage ready in case we need to evacuate. Yes, I know I need to pack some stuff for us too."

:twisted:
~*~Reesa~*~
Happy Squammy to Tajar and Baxter

Helen
Teen HOF

Postby Helen » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:59 pm

A true HOF would go out in the middle of a tornado just to get their owners their 2 mushrooms and a string bean.

A true HOF would miss their own birthday party if their owners weren't feeling well.

A true HOF does what's best for the owners even though everyone disapproves of their choice.
Owned by
Madamoiselle Artemis Isobella D'Antionette
Monsoiur Pierre Niagra von Faust (given to my loving boyfriend, Mommy loves you!)

Meeting you was fate; Becoming your friend was a choice; Loving you I had no control over XP

Wanda
NFSA Member

Postby Wanda » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:42 pm

Joan wrote:A True HOF will dump that boyfriend! :twisted:

I like Joan's post.
A true HOF would never even think of having a boyfriend!! He would take lots time away from the flyer.
Wanda
Owned by Shelly, Rose
And All My Lil Orphans

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:45 pm

yeah, better to just marry the guy. DHs are used to our owners taking up all our time :twisted:
Deb, lovingly owned by Tom Tom, Molly, Munchkin, and m'Deah. And a piece of my heart still owned by my sweet Tiny Tim.

gloryaf88
NFSA Member

Postby gloryaf88 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:36 pm

I agree, I left mine of 10 years because he pushed too far and wouldn't really accept Pistol :twisted:
Glorya, Owned by Pistol Pete, owned partly by Martie Monster, whose heart will always belong to Amy, now owned by Count Dracula Monsterpete--Drago, and Little Foot MonsterPete.

NestleQuick
Flying Furball

Postby NestleQuick » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:24 am

Man, talk about ganging up on this HOF!! Lol

A true HOF considers the above and sees the practicality is such an idea...more owner time? And all I have to do is get rid of the guy who bought me my owner? What other option could there be?? :twisted:

gloryaf88
NFSA Member

Postby gloryaf88 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:06 am

NestleQuick wrote:Man, talk about ganging up on this HOF!! Lol

A true HOF considers the above and sees the practicality is such an idea...more owner time? And all I have to do is get rid of the guy who bought me my owner? What other option could there be?? :twisted:

HA HA---See how simple it all is :rofl:

peep
NFSA Member

Postby peep » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:04 am

A TRUE HOF spends much time and money preparing their owners a balanced nutritious meal every night, then feeds their human family hot dogs or frozen pizza.
peep
State and Federal permit holder

Wanda
NFSA Member

Postby Wanda » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:34 am

Hey Joan, where is your reply:
A true HOF pours wine down her shirt for the little wine-o!!
Wanda
Owned by Shelly, Rose
And All My Lil Orphans

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:24 pm

:rotflol:

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:32 pm

A true HOF holds an intervention and sends her little wino to FAA. :oops:
Last edited by Joan on Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Judy C.

Postby Judy C. » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:42 pm

A TRUE HOF doesn't realize that any of the above things are in the least bit peculiar!

Judy

Return to “General”