some one found the *ON* button for my squirrel

Discussion about Flying Squirrels
Nativeprincess
Flying Furball
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

some one found the *ON* button for my squirrel

Postby Nativeprincess » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:11 am

Goodness gracious! Rogue has been mellow and sleeping alot all summer.
Then, as of Nov 1st, suddenly shes just gone crazy!
Shes not bitting me or being bad or anything, she just has tons and tons of energy! Also, shes really not eating much of what im giving her. I hear her eating nuts at night, but her vegies and such are amost untouched.
I wonder if she's trying to fatten up on the fatty nuts for the winter?
Over the summer she wouldn't come out of the nest untill midnight sometimes. Now, Shes out at 6 and tearing my room apart!

also, when I let her run around the room at night, if we get a cold night....and by cold I mean CA cold so like.....40 degrees F(good god thats freezing) the little bugger just can't hack the cold! She will spend all night running up and down my bed under the blankets or through my cloths! Im pretty sure shes supposed to be a tough mighty wild animal...but man, sometimes she can be the biggest spoiled brat! its so adorable!

Her new thing is to clang the doors of the cage at night if she wants attention.
I've had mid terms latly so I've been caging her at night for better rest.....she has opinions on this!
she will raise the door and then let it drop, over..and over..and over again.:bad-words:
Earplugs have nothing on this racket. currently, *all* of the doors on her cage are woven down with shoelace, rope, and hair ties, Its actualy very festive^_^

I just don't know who gave my squirrel Crack but good god. :evilbat:

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:43 am

:twisted: Typical case of Fall Squirrel Heebie Jeebies. Boy, they are crazy here as well! And I have noticed the lack of intrest in greens too. Mostly nuts and bugs lately.
I can't lay a hand on the little monsters when I am desperate to go to bed either. I have been trusting them to put theirselves to bed, and so far they are paired up in two separate cages every morning.
Good Luck trying to sleep in a dorm room with Rouge for the next several weeks :twisted:
Deb, lovingly owned by Tom Tom, Molly, Munchkin, and m'Deah. And a piece of my heart still owned by my sweet Tiny Tim.

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:01 am

You'll find nuts "buried" everywhere ... check all the corners. :wink:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Nativeprincess
Flying Furball

Postby Nativeprincess » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:33 pm

Deb wrote:Good Luck trying to sleep in a dorm room with Rouge for the next several weeks :twisted:

Oh no way. I'm living off campus in a rented room. I'm a transfer student so I'm older than most of my peers.....I didn't think I could handle the dorms after being on my own for so long.
I'd also have to share a room if I were on campus and Im pretty sure the *cuteness* of Rogue would wear off right quick with any roomate.

It's a special person indeed who can take thier roomates pet face planting them in the middle of the night in stride ^_^

Its amazing how innocent she can look during the day

Nativeprincess
Flying Furball

Postby Nativeprincess » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:35 pm

Joan wrote:You'll find nuts "buried" everywhere ... check all the corners. :wink:

I rolled over last night and landed in a pocked of pecans and brazil nuts!!!!!!
I didn't know what they were at 1st and so when I rolled away quickly they all followed the divit in the matress and rolled towards me.....I though I had cold freaky hard shelled cockroaches attacking me in my bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rogue is so getting a talking to!

Bejammie
NFSA Member

Postby Bejammie » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:34 pm

Yeah delilah likes to hide nuts in my piles of clothes... so when I wake up and pull out a shirt to wear, its covered in nuts and shells and crumbs :roll:

Also, Delilah has gotten.... chunky....hehe... She can barely fit in the hole in her bird houses that she fit in GREAT a few weeks ago. Is this winter weight or does she need a DIET??

Delilah acts like she is on crack too... intervention anyone???
♠ Allison ♠
Squammy to Delilah and Timber
-Always remembering my little wild guy, Sprocket- gliding free in those southern breezes-
-The life of a lamb is no less precious to me than that of a human being.- Ghandi

Naya
Flying Furball

Postby Naya » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:53 pm

Joan wrote:You'll find nuts "buried" everywhere ... check all the corners. :wink:

And check your jammies, blankets, and pillowcases too! :wink:

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:40 pm

Naya wrote: ... And check your jammies, blankets, and pillowcases too! :wink:

Especially if Boss is around. :wink:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

sarah110781
Juvie Pup

Postby sarah110781 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:40 pm

It is definately fall-itis...and the wild furballs have it, too....I can't keep enough food out there...I am feeding in the morning for the day squirrels and at night for the flyers. He has also, literally, been bouncing off the walls!!!

And Icarus...or Icky as my husband calls him...and Wild Boy and Sylvia have been "caching," I think is what it is called...I have been wondering lately where Ick is sleeping, as his beds are full of nuts.

On the contrary, he has been interested in his fruits and veggies...but particularly boiled chicken and eggs lately. But, still eating his staples.

Wishing everyone, your families, and furbabies...all of them, flying, ground-dwelling, etc a very ....

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
Sarah...proudly owned by:
Nestle and Tequila, the pups
Icarus, the Daredevil Flyer
Joy: the Easter bunny
Ruby, Max, Lloyd and Rainbow, the noisy birds
And always owned by my babies who have moved on: Oreo, Snickers, Kiwi and Ewok

gloryaf88
NFSA Member

Postby gloryaf88 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:25 pm

Also check shoes. I went to put mine on and one was full of nuts :evilbat:
Glorya, Owned by Pistol Pete, owned partly by Martie Monster, whose heart will always belong to Amy, now owned by Count Dracula Monsterpete--Drago, and Little Foot MonsterPete.
In Loving Memory of Scoot, whom I will always miss!!

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:03 am

I put a whole bunch of pecans in Chuck & Mishi's cage a couple of days ago. Tonight, I didn't see many in the basket where I'd placed them. I started picking them up from the corners of the cage and checked a spare nest box where I found some more. I threw them back into the woven basket when out of no where Chuck jumped on my hand and bit the stew out of me. :smt065 I yelled "NO!" :bad-words: and he jumped back and started war dancing all over a limb. :angryfire: Every time I said "no", he'd dance more and flatten his ears. :smt084 I decided to withdraw. :oops:
So much for picking up stashed pecans. :smt090

Mary
NFSA Member

Postby Mary » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:34 am

Joan what were you thinking? Moving his pecans. At least it was funny reading about it. :twisted:

The war dance is cute if they are in their cage and can not get to you. I have only seen it a couple times with Peanut. When they bite, they do move fast. When I tell Peanut NO, he charges again to let me know he is PO'd. He did that quite a bit last month. I think he is settling down for a while. I can only hope.

Happy T Day
Mary

Joan
Site Admin

Postby Joan » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:26 pm

Mary wrote:Joan what were you thinking?

Obviously, I wasn't. :oops:

Mary
NFSA Member

Postby Mary » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:22 pm

Joan wrote: Obviously, I wasn't. :oops:

Poor Joan, just trying to be nice. These guys just don't appreciate you trying to keep it neat.

Mary

voguemamselle619
NFSA Member

Postby voguemamselle619 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:29 pm

i'm still finding nuts from batman :(
they will hide them literally everywhere that looks like it could potentially hide anything!
- alyssa -

- HOF to shylo... my pretty squirrel girl -

- in loving memory of batman, the best little princess i could have ever asked for -

Chippy
NFSA Member

New Hiding Place

Postby Chippy » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:12 pm

I can't tell how hard I have laughed reading your nut hiding stories. My husband and I are new first time parents of our flyer, Chipper. He's going on 11 weeks and everything you guys talk about are what he is doing. We have loads of dogwood trees. I've been picking the ripe fruit and Chipper just loves them. Last night I woke up wth a funny felling in my ear. Chipper had hidden one of the bright red fruits in my ear!!!!!!!! :D
My husband had a great big laugh this morning because Chipper has been climbing around his head and checking out his ears lately. I teased him that Chip was going to start hiding nuts in his ear. I guess the joke was on me. :wink:

Matie
Martie.....
Proud HOF of Chipper & Cali!

Zoe, I will listen in heaven for your hoof beat.
Gizmo, may you keep God's feet warm.

Susie
NFSA Member

Postby Susie » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:24 pm

Tell me what this "war dance" is. When Piper bites me all her legs really get to going for a minute. It's as if it hurts her to bite me but maybe it's the war dance.? Think so? We never have understood why she does that.

Airstreamlady
NFSA Member

Postby Airstreamlady » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:37 pm

I wish I could see a video of the war dance. I've never experienced it with either of mine.
- Patti -
The Official Poopologist
Squammy to Peaches and Sweet Pea

Mary
NFSA Member

Postby Mary » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:14 am

Airstreamlady wrote:I wish I could see a video of the war dance. I've never experienced it with either of mine.

Be patient. It WILL come.
It is so funny and cute. You have to watch for it fast. Peanut gets his back legs stomping. His little fat butt swinging back and forth. I have to trick him into getting back in the cage so I put a pecan on one of his shelves. When he goes in to get it, I close the door. He has been doing the war dance alot more lately.

They get ticked off and you laugh. It is just too cute.:bad-words:
Mary

Airstreamlady
NFSA Member

Postby Airstreamlady » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:10 am

I can't wait. I thought it was cute when they swatted at a food item I offered them that they did not want to eat. But, that stomping just ices the cake. I'm looking forward to it. Makes me want to piss them off on purpose just to see if they'll do it.
- Patti -

The Official Poopologist

Squammy to Peaches and Sweet Pea

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:02 pm

If I get to see a war dance, it is usually at this time of the year, and it's over a nut!
My best nut hiding story this year is on Friday afternoon when my cleaning lady Gloria's husband David came to pick her up. She invited him in to see the grapevine spiral Christmas tree I made that day. THEN she started showing him all the nuts she had found while cleaning that day! She hadn't moved them or told me, just left them in their hidding places in the chandelier! :roll: I have never even seen a flier get to that chandelier, much less with a whole nut :wink:
Deb, lovingly owned by Tom Tom, Molly, Munchkin, and m'Deah. And a piece of my heart still owned by my sweet Tiny Tim.

Return to “General”