I think i have another Michael Phelps in the making!!

Discussion about Flying Squirrels
lucy10177
NFSA Member

I think i have another Michael Phelps in the making!!

Postby lucy10177 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:31 am

lol.....i have seen rocky do a lot of funny things....but, last night first i saw him washing his face in his water bowl and then his feet and all went in and he was splashing the water all over the place. his water bowl is only about an inch deep....when he was done he didn't have much left to drink so had to refill it. have any of you ever seen your furball playing in water...i really didn't know they would do that. anyway just thought i would share some of our fun time with you!! :computer: :computer: :computer: :silly:
paula

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: I think i have another Michael Phelps in the making!!

Postby Joan » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:59 am

The closest I've seen are when some of Tom's Wild Bunch glide into the fountain by mistake, hop out before even getting wet with a look on their faces that tries to say, "I meant to do that".
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

lucy10177
NFSA Member

Postby lucy10177 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:51 pm

Joan wrote:The closest I've seen are when some of Tom's Wild Bunch glide into the fountain by mistake, hop out before even getting wet with a look on their faces that try to say, "I meant to do that".

oh well i guess i have a water boy :wink:

lynn
Flying Furball
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Postby lynn » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:48 pm

Well, he would certainly have the energy to win a Gold Medal! :silly:
Lynn's spastic nuts: Bunpei, Boeing, Calypso, Dixie, and Piper.

Susie
NFSA Member

Postby Susie » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:35 am

My Piper has a water bowl and a water bottle in her pen and I have seen her often sit on the edge of her bowl and take her front paws and "fish" really fast in the water. I have also seen her with all four feet in there--just standing there. Then she gets out and slings off the water. Cute !!

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:08 pm

Are you sure she isn't a dwarf raccoon? :twisted:
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

Susie
NFSA Member

Postby Susie » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:21 am

She likes her fresh water. She's 2 years old now and I would love to weigh her. She is sooooo skinny ! I can't seem to fatten her up. I've tried everything---I bought her worms, the ones that make you the fattest, and she ate a few then she'd just kill them and not eat them. What would you weigh one with, and where can you buy the scales to do it with? She's pretty mean to me alot of the times. ha I would also love to see her teeth really good. She never crackes nuts of any kind. I have to do it for her.

lynn
Flying Furball

Postby lynn » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:08 pm

If you want to weigh a small animal like a hamster or flyer, a digital food scale works great. Put a container with a lid on the scale and write down the grams or ounces. Then, put the animal in the container (lid on) and weigh again. Subtract the weight from the empty container, and you have your answer! My scale converts from grams to ounces, which is very convenient. It also has "Tare Weight" on it, so I can put the container on and zero out the scale, then put the animal in and it shows me just the weight of the animal. We have weighed baby mice, pinkie squirrels, chipmunks, shrews, moles, etc.
Lynn's spastic nuts: Bunpei, Boeing, Calypso, Dixie, and Piper.

Return to “General”