whyyy does she use me as a potty without fail????!!!

Discussion about Flying Squirrels
voguemamselle619
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

whyyy does she use me as a potty without fail????!!!

Postby voguemamselle619 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:20 pm

every morning/afternoon, when i take her out of her cage for some shirt time, regardless of the actual time, i have about 10 minutes before she pees and poos in my shirt!!! :bad-words:
why does she do this? is it to be mean? is it to mark me as hers? i've tried giving her a sharp no and stopping her partway through, but then she just runs up my shirt, continuously peeing on me. she does have a tendency to mark everything in her cage, and everyone that she uses at a tree. i've tried putting her in her 'litter box' when she got restless, but that had very limited success (about 1 month's worth of success). now if i try to put her in it, she just runs out of it and back down my shirt. it's just so unfortunate because i just KNOW that she is going to pee on me every time i take her out for shirt time. :?
- alyssa -

- HOF to shylo... my pretty squirrel girl -

- in loving memory of batman, the best little princess i could have ever asked for -

lucy10177
NFSA Member

Re: whyyy does she use me as a potty without fail????!!!

Postby lucy10177 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:11 am

i have found that if we let rocky play on his own for about a 1/2 hour before we get him out he has done his thing and does not do it on us....we were having the same problem as you before we started doing this. of course there will be accidents :evilbat:
paula

Wanda
NFSA Member

Postby Wanda » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:12 pm

voguemamselle619 wrote:why does she do this? is it to be mean? is it to mark me as hers? i've tried giving her a sharp no and stopping her partway through, but then she just runs up my shirt, continuously peeing on me. :?

All of the above. She knows she can get by with it and that it annoys you.
Wanda
:flyer:
Owned by Shelly, Rose
:smt049 Peanut, Bud & Dinky Always In My Heart :smt049
Parrot, Miniature Donkey & 1 human
And All My Lil Orphans

Joan
Site Admin
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Postby Joan » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:36 pm

voguemamselle619 wrote:every morning/afternoon, when i take her out of her cage for some shirt time, regardless of the actual time, i have about 10 minutes before she pees and poos in my shirt!!!

This is usual especially if you are waking her up or she is just getting up. Paula's method works and some folks put them right on a paper towel until they go.
"A lot of people spend time talking to the Animals, but not that many people listen. That's the real problem! ... Winnie the Pooh

voguemamselle619
NFSA Member

Postby voguemamselle619 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:08 pm

i'll try the paper towel/newspaper method again. i really don't mind little dribbles, bc that is easy to clean, but puddles of acorn pee are awful and sometimes require that i change my outfit twice to three times a day if i'm not careful! :roll:
- alyssa -

- in loving memory of batman, the best little princess i could have ever asked for -

Chippy
NFSA Member

Postby Chippy » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:23 pm

Chipper would do the same thing and then I learned some tricks. I kept a hand towel next to my bed on the post and that is where he would like to run and hide and pee. I would was it every few days. Then I discovered that if I left him in his cage for about half an hour after he was up, he would go in his cage and not on me or the towel. Cali came to me litter trained. If I wait 30 minutes before I let her out she will go every time in her litter box. However, if I happen to let her out before that time, she will go where ever she pleases. I have also found that when she gets really excited, she will wet on whoever has her. This is usually when we have company and I have brought her out to play.
Martie.....
Proud HOF of Chipper & Cali!

Zoe, I will listen in heaven for your hoof beat.
Gizmo, may you keep God's feet warm.

Mary
NFSA Member

Postby Mary » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:30 am

Because she OWNS you and wants you to smell like her. :laughing5:

Mary

Sweet Pea
NFSA Member

Postby Sweet Pea » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:40 pm

My first little girl would do this to me also. At first I started cupping her on my chest and lift her tail, she would loose control and pee. This would make her so mad she would just shred the shirt or towel. It has been said that they also pee when they have been disturbed my people studying them in the wild just to show their displeasure with being disturbed. So maybe it best to not disturb them until they are ready to get up on there own. max
I have had two flyers. One for 4 1/2 years and on for only 9 months when I lost him. I am very lonesome now without there companionship. I need to find a baby flyer.THANKS TO THE GOOD LORD I FOUND ONE !![url][/url]

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:23 pm

I have 4 babies at my house and all of them pee and poop on me. But the grown-up flyers are not let out of the cage at night until they have been up and running around inside the cage to get that initial wake-up potty done :wink: Then when they get out I get kisses instead of pee :D
Deb, lovingly owned by Tom Tom, Molly, Munchkin, and m'Deah. And a piece of my heart still owned by my sweet Tiny Tim.

voguemamselle619
NFSA Member

Postby voguemamselle619 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:23 pm

she does seem to only pee on me during the day time, when she is woken up by me. she pees on everyone else all the time :twisted: because she's rotten like that. i guess it must be just that i'm waking her up. at night, she only 'dribbles' on me sometimes, and that i'm pretty sure is her marking me as her own. :roll: oh well, she wins, as usual.
- alyssa -

Return to “General”