Frozen Treat

Discussion about Flying Squirrels
Lora
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Frozen Treat

Postby Lora » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:53 am

Since having to give up Splenda I've had to look for alternatives for my ocassional sweet tooth. I love yogurt but was choking on the whopping 33 carbs it contains which is over my daily allotment. My husband came home the other night with Edy's Slow Churned frozen yogurt blend. I always knew I kept him around for something. This frozen delight contains half the carbs & sugar of yogurt (17 carbs, 14 grams sugar), contains live active cultures & most important contains no artificial sweetners! He bought peach & it was absolutely wonderful! Better than any peach ice cream I've ever had. I've never given ice cream to Bobo due to the sugar content but since this was pretty much yogurt & his favorite flavor I decided to treat him. Being Bobo Squirlz he was skeptical at first. Not quite sure about this cold stuff but my morning his little bowl had been licked clean! He never even cleans the bowl with yogurt. I thought I was looking at one of my hamster's dishes. Anyway, Bobo gives it 2 paws up! :multi:

paulettekay

Re: Frozen Treat

Postby paulettekay » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:56 pm

Thank you for the information
I was wondering why you had to give up splenda I use it a lot my self. and maybe it is something I need to look out for being
I am one of those dibetic type people.
For snacks I will some times eat a cumcumber But Ice cream yea I am going to get me some come payday.

A big thanks to you!!!!!
Paulette
Original Home of the Pocket Pouch tee-shirt and Hoodies
teddybearokay@tampabay.rr.com
http://www.pkmsboutique.com
http://www.newagesugargliders.com

Lora
NFSA Member

Re: Frozen Treat

Postby Lora » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:05 am

I'm in the middle of a medical nightmare & I feel Splenda is a big part of the cause. I have 30-40 lbs of water around my abdomen that appeared almost overnight. My doctor has no idea why despite all the testing so far. In addition I have suffered from insomnia, stomach distress & horrible muscle spasms in my back. I suspected Splenda & stopped using it. Most of my symptoms disappeared (except the water). Recently those same symptoms returned but even worse than before so I began a check of all foods I was eating. I found that the low carb bread & flour tortillas I was eating both contained Splenda. Those items went promptly in the trash. The symptoms disappeared again within a few days. Unfortunately I also gained back the small amount of water I was able to lose on water pills. No telling how long that's gonna take to get off. I may have to resort to drastic measures. I have no concrete proof it was the Splenda but I'm not gonna test the theory again. I was about to go out of my mind with the muscle spasms. I won't go there again. A co-worker was suffering from horrible migraines several times a month that sent her to the ER. Turned out she was using alot of Splenda. I told her about my problems & she quit using it. That was about a month ago & she has not had a migraine since. Her doctor was unable to tell her why she was having the headaches either. I really miss my Splenda products but to me it's just not worth it. No telling what would happen next time.

Return to “General”