Suggestions Welcome Please

Discussion about Flying Squirrels
pattersondt
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Suggestions Welcome Please

Postby pattersondt » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:20 pm

We have 2 new additions to our family. Poppie and Pumpkin are 4 months old January 4th. Poppie loves to spend the day with me in his pouch. Pumpkin would just as well be left alone in her nest all day to sleep. I used a pouch to bond with the babies at the same time. I used a pouch because I could share them with others easier and let them be socialized to more people. Poppie loves the attention, he loves everyone to rub his cheeks, under his chin and ooh and ahh over him. Pumpkin wants nothing to do with this during the day. Around 5:00 pm Pumpkin is loving, likes trying anything new to eat. She likes being hand fed, meaning she wants me to hold the fruit, veggie ect for her. The squirrels I have known usually prefer to hold the food themselves even if sitting in my hand. She is very sweet and loving as long as it is not nap time. They have mostly shared the same pouch but Pumpkin has preferred her own or she gets kranky with Poppie and agitated lately. So now for the advice, should I leave Pumpkin in her nest in the day time and get her when she seems to about 5:00. Poppie and Pumpkin share the same cage and nest box. I have 3 nest boxes available but they always sleep together at this point. I have carried these babies everyday since Oct. 13, 08. For a mimimum of 9 to 10 hours a day. I also interact with them before I go to bed when they are playing in their cage. I open the door and they run up my arms, I usually get a cheek nuzzle and then I become their tree. Any suggestions or experience would really help us. We really enjoy our furbabies, and want to do what is best for them. I chose to live with squirrels, they didn't choose to live in my house so I want to provide the most healthy squirrel friendly environment I can for our Babies. Living with flyers is entertaining, educational, they can make you smile, and your heart happy. But to reap the rewards of living with squirrels there is a dedication on the owners part that goes above and beyond all sane reasoning. Hope to hear suggestions, experiences ect. Thank You, Toni

voguemamselle619
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Re: Suggestions Welcome Please

Postby voguemamselle619 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:27 pm

like darra said, you have done a wonderful job.
some days shylo wants to be in my shirt, other days she doesn't. my last flyer was a shirt diver, and wanted to be in everyone's shirts. they are all different, but it sounds like you have two wonderful babies who love you :D
- alyssa -

- HOF to shylo... my pretty squirrel girl -

- in loving memory of batman, the best little princess i could have ever asked for -

Return to “General”