Fried Catfish?

Discussion about Flying Squirrels
Susie
NFSA Member
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Fried Catfish?

Postby Susie » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:43 pm

Just want to add that our flier, Piper, loves fried catfish. Whenever we go out and eat it we always bring her some home. She will attack you as soon as she smells it. We learned about this when she'd really smell our hands when we had just got home, so we brought her some. She doesn't eat much, tho, cause she doesn't eat much of anything. She is so bony. I just can't fatten her up. I've tried everything I know. She's two years old and just doesn't weight as much as I would like her to. Any other catfish eaters out there?

MareImbrium
Baby Flyer

Re: Fried Catfish?

Postby MareImbrium » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:54 pm

That's hilarious. Pics?

Susie
NFSA Member

Postby Susie » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:07 pm

No, I don't have a pic of her eating the fish. I would't know how to post it if I did. ha, sorry

cappy
NFSA Member

Postby cappy » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:37 pm

my wife's rocky loves deep fried turkey. cappy
i will miss you compass....you were a tough boat girl..enjoy the rainbow bridge.
matt&charlotte-owned by:rocky,cappy,
mermaid&lorelie

Deb
NFSA Member

Postby Deb » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:10 am

Sometimes one or more of mine will eat some fried oyster. My son's cockatiel really likes them. They all like the dark, icky part the most.
Deb, lovingly owned by Tom Tom, Molly, Munchkin, and m'Deah. And a piece of my heart still owned by my sweet Tiny Tim.

Susie
NFSA Member

Postby Susie » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:51 am

I've learned here talking with this club that flyers do eat some meats and I have offered her other ones but the catfish is her favorite. She's funny about it. She has another bed hanging in her pen and when you give her a cookie she'll take it there. I call it her "cookie jar". She will sometimes take her fish after she eats some of it and put it there. I have to get it out the next morning and get rid of it. She still bites me when she wants to and when I least expect it. I've had her 2 years and she'll stay in my clothes for hours so I think we've bonded pretty good but she thinks she's the boss of me and bites me when I don't mind or if I try to get her to do something she doesn't want to do. She's the typical female, I guess, but I sure do love her.

Return to “General”