How is everyone?

Discussion about Flying Squirrels
CatStina
Flying Furball
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

How is everyone?

Postby CatStina » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:34 pm

I've been gone for some time and I was just wondering how everyone is doing! What's new? Who's new? Let's talk about you! Haha, sorry for the cheesy rhyme! I hope everyone is doing well, I missed this forum!
~t Christina j~
Loving Squammy of Emo (RIP, 3/17/2006-6/15/2012)

Mom to Bowie the Fat Cat, Ziggy the Tiny Cat, Saxon the Staffordshire Bull Terrier and Neljä and Viisi the gerbils

pnerissa
NFSA Member
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Re: How is everyone?

Postby pnerissa » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:35 pm

I guess you can call me new. I joined back in October and somehow managed to become Editor for the NFSA Newsletter. I am HOF to Benji and Nibbles, two adorable little (unrelated) girls.

Bev

flyer_1
NFSA Member

Postby flyer_1 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:18 pm

Hi I'm Travis and basically the coolest dude on this board, actually I'm one of the only guys on here :D I haven't been on here a really long time but I'm on here allot and done allot of research about flyers before I ever got one, and have learned allot more about them on here and continue to so I can take care of mine better and also I've learned how to help others who are just getting going.
I'm not NUTS I just mimic

R.I.P Taz

CatStina
Flying Furball

Postby CatStina » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:19 pm

Bev, Congratulations on being editor! I almost named my flyer Benji. He was supposed to be a girl and was named Becca for the first couple of days, until I realized she was a he. So I thought of naming him Benji to keep with a "B" name, but eventually came up with Emo instead. Benji is a really cute name and so is Nibbles! Happy to meet you and your flyers! I hope to get to know you better soon!

Travis, good to know one of the coolest dudes around, haha. Good to hear that you've done your research. I've had my flyer, Emo, for almost four years, now, and I still learn more every day! I used to come on here a lot, but I lost touch and haven't been on in a couple of years. Good to meet you and your flyer! I hope to get to know you better soon! (P.S. I would argue that people come and go as well. I know many have in my life. My relationships with my pets have been more meaningful to me than many people in my life. That is just my opinion, though)
~t Christina j~

Mom to Bowie the Fat Cat, Ziggy the Tiny Cat, Saxon the Staffordshire Bull Terrier and Neljä and Viisi the gerbils

flyer_1
NFSA Member

Postby flyer_1 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:12 am

Ha that's okay :D

R.I.P Taz

Ohatsie
Juvie Pup

Postby Ohatsie » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:16 am

Hey Cat!
Colin here!
New guy on the boards. Not a HOF yet, but I plan on becoming one next breeding window!
Looking forward to becoming a more involved part of the community!
Colin

CatStina
Flying Furball

Postby CatStina » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:15 am

Travis, thanks for being understanding of my opinion and not getting angry! I think we'll get along well, haha. You certainly are a cool dude!

Colin, Welcome aboard! I hope you get your flyer soon! When you do be sure to post up pictures and enjoy every minute of it, they grow up so fast, hehe. Good to meet you (can't wait to meet your future flyer) and I hope to get to know you better soon!
~t Christina j~

Ohatsie
Juvie Pup

Postby Ohatsie » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:57 am

You as well Christina!
Thanks for such a warm welcome!
This really is just a warm and caring community, and Im super glad to have stumbled upon it!
Colin

CatStina
Flying Furball

Postby CatStina » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:20 am

I'm glad you found it, too. It's the best place to be when you want to bring one of these little critters into your home!
~t Christina j~

Ohatsie
Juvie Pup

Postby Ohatsie » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:48 pm

How old are you by the way Christina? Ive been wondering how many people there are around here in my age group!
Colin

CatStina
Flying Furball

Postby CatStina » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:45 pm

I'm going to be 20 on April 4th. I'm sharing the fourth with Easter this year because it promised to give it back to me next year. Haha, this is only the second time in my lifetime that Easter has been on my birthday, pretty neat, I think. Off topic, though. How old are you? I wonder if it will change me from a teenHOF next sunday...
~t Christina j~

Ohatsie
Juvie Pup

Postby Ohatsie » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:21 pm

Im 19 as well! My birthday is in August.
I noticed you're majoring in Psych! I have a friend going for a degree there too.
Im majoring in Art Ed.
Colin

CatStina
Flying Furball

Postby CatStina » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:25 pm

Neato! Age buddies! You have a really cool major, I love art! That sounds like a great major. I love making art, it is so relaxing. What kind of art do you like to create? I like to paint ad sketch. Psych is a pretty popular major, but I like it any way. I really like knowing how things work and why they are the way they are. I figure psych does that for people. Plus, I get to help people in the process. I also plan to open an animal shelter when I get the money (after I get a start on my career, of course). What age do you plan to teach?
~t Christina j~

Ohatsie
Juvie Pup

Postby Ohatsie » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:40 pm

For a while it was photography, but lately it's been Metal work and sculpture. Ive been dabbling lots in animation too (see avatar), though Im not too good, and i havent taken any classes in it, which might help hahah.
Im planning on teaching middle and highschool once i get done with it!
Ive taken a couple courses in Psychology and I really dig it! But Ive also had really awesome professors.
Thats a great ambition by the way! Open in it in my area, we are lacking them hard! Heheh
When are you graduating?
Colin

CatStina
Flying Furball

Postby CatStina » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:14 pm

I'll graduate college in 2012, but then I have to go to Grad School for two years so I won't really be out in the Psych world till 2014. That is, if the world doesn't end in December 2012, haha. That's really cool that you're into metal work. I have seen some really neat metal sculptures. I really like your avatar, too. I wish I could animate, I just can't handle computer stuff! I think middle and high school would be the best to teach. When do you graduate?
~t Christina j~

Ohatsie
Juvie Pup

Postby Ohatsie » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:13 pm

If I average out the amount of credits Im earning per semester, i should graduate never. Hahah
Im only taking like 8 credits a semester at this point, so i can work full time and afford the commute and an apartment.
Plus its an easier work load to handle, they try and force 15 credits a semester on you but thats FAR to much for me, and since i didnt get a penny of financial aid i dont have to worry about being a full time student.
What college are you going to now?
Colin

CatStina
Flying Furball

Postby CatStina » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:37 am

I'm at University of Southern Maine. My financial aid sucked too, but next semester it's a lot better and I finally qualify for work study! I have to take summer courses and maybe even winter courses to catch up and graduate on time. I really don't want to take longer than 4 years to get through college because I have to go to grad school, too!
~t Christina j~

flyer_1
NFSA Member

Postby flyer_1 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:13 pm

Wow everyone is getting along so well we should work on world wide peace now :D

R.I.P Taz

Ohatsie
Juvie Pup

Postby Ohatsie » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:33 pm

One step at a time! :)
Colin

CatStina
Flying Furball

Postby CatStina » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:01 pm

Haha, if anyone could achieve it, we could!
~t Christina j~

Return to “General”