Where have all the HOFS gone?

Discussion about Flying Squirrels
babsfish
Juvie Pup
nobotspam: No
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 4

Where have all the HOFS gone?

Postby babsfish » Sun May 02, 2010 6:10 am

I have been on this board a couple times this week and I have noticed that there are not too mnay need threads going on. So my question is where have all the HOFS gone?
Sincerely,
Barbara
Momma of the best squirrel boy, Frank
Mommy to the cutest baby boy, my lil Frank :)

CatStina
Flying Furball
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Re: Where have all the HOFS gone?

Postby CatStina » Sun May 02, 2010 9:36 am

Yeah, not much going on here... I'm still around, though. Maybe people are just busy.
~t Christina j~
Loving Squammy of Emo (RIP, 3/17/2006-6/15/2012)

Mom to Bowie the Fat Cat, Ziggy the Tiny Cat, Saxon the Staffordshire Bull Terrier and Neljä and Viisi the gerbils

Ohatsie
Juvie Pup

Postby Ohatsie » Sun May 02, 2010 11:11 pm

My friend called me up with an orphaned baby grey two weeks ago. He was hypothermic, and he's still pretty needy.
Between him and college, its been tough to find time post!
Im still checking in pretty frequently though!
Colin

Judy C.

Postby Judy C. » Sun May 02, 2010 11:34 pm

It's baby season! Right now I have 7 baby greys - thankfully finally in pre-release cages - PLUS, for the first time ever, a 5 week old baby raccoon! That's all in addition to the usual bunch of flyers! Raccoons are absolutely adorable and sweet as can be, and I hope I never get in another one! This one goes to another rehabber tomorrow, and I don't think my youngest daughter will ever forgive me for not keeping it! (I have to admit that I'm gonna miss this little fellow.)

In my spare time (LOL) I am building at least one new big outdoor flyer cage, maybe two.
AND I am the proud owner of a new 9 month old Great Pyrenees puppy.

So I've been kinda busy this year! :roll:

Judy C.

pnerissa
NFSA Member

Postby pnerissa » Mon May 03, 2010 7:09 am

I'm kneedeep trying to help our local wildlife refuge with the coming oil spill. I'm either writing articles or spreading the word that they need help...

Speaking of... if anyone has a reliable source of where they can get non-shut off heating pads, the Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge is in dire need of those.

Ohatsie
Juvie Pup

Postby Ohatsie » Mon May 03, 2010 7:37 am

Judy C. wrote:PLUS, for the first time ever, a 5 week old baby raccoon! That's all in addition to the usual bunch of flyers! Raccoons are absolutely adorable and sweet as can be, and I hope I never get in another one!

My girlfriends family had a raccoon once! They have all these home movies of him riding the dogs around the house, poor things. They used to let him outside like a cat, and he would come back in every day until he just started coming in less and less, and finally not at all. Anyway, turns out raccoons are adorable little masterminds.
Im..very tired.
Colin

babsfish
Juvie Pup

Postby babsfish » Wed May 05, 2010 8:06 pm

Well it looks like everyone has been pretty busy. I had no idea it was squirrel baby season.
Mommy to the cutest baby boy, my lil Frank :)

CatStina
Flying Furball
How many feet does a squirrel have?: 1

Postby CatStina » Wed May 05, 2010 11:06 pm

Busy bees! I thought I was busy with school, work and chores at home! Good luck with all of your babies!
~t Christina j~
Loving Squammy of Emo (RIP, 3/17/2006-6/15/2012)

Mom to Bowie the Fat Cat, Ziggy the Tiny Cat, Saxon the Staffordshire Bull Terrier and Neljä and Viisi the gerbils

flyingacee
Baby Flyer

Postby flyingacee » Thu May 06, 2010 1:29 am

I bought my no-shut off heating pad in the drug store section of Walmart. Foxvalleynutrition.com sells microwaveable heating pads that last 12 hours.

Delight
Juvie Pup

Postby Delight » Fri May 14, 2010 6:02 pm

PLUS, for the first time ever, a 5 week old baby raccoon! That's all in addition to the usual bunch of flyers! Raccoons are absolutely adorable and sweet as can be, and I hope I never get in another one! This one goes to another rehabber tomorrow, and I don't think my youngest daughter will ever forgive me for not keeping it! (I have to admit that I'm gonna miss this little fellow.)

Raccoons are extremely cute especially when they're little. I raised two of them a couple years back and had them for about 6-8wks before I found another rehab that would take them that had other babies coons their same age to socialize with. They came to me when they were about 3-4wks old and they had been with people since they were a few days old. My neighbors brought them to me because they shot the mother (she was killing their chickens) and they didn't know she had babies until they found them in their tool shed when they went to get the shovel to bury the mom. :(

My neighbors raised them up until they were 3-4wks old and started getting into stuff then they brought them to me. They were super fun little guys. The female was especially sweet but the male was a bit more aggressive once he got to be around 9-10wks old. You couldn't make fast movements around him or he'd get scared and hiss/growl/bite what ever was closest to him. He would also spray when he got scared - they spray a skunky smelling liquid when they get startled which is quite stinky #-o . So needless to say I am happy they were able to go to a place with other coons and had a safe release site. :D

On a completely different topic I have also been very busy and haven't been able to post as much. My squirrels are doing well, still no babies (male's puff's won't drop.) I raised a baby green cheek conure this spring which was a lot of fun. He's an awesome little bird and a real joy to have in the house - quite the little clown and my goodness he's demanding! I've been trying to find a bigger place to live then the place I'm in now. I am going to school part time and working part time and preparing for the arrival of the baby! Which we found out is a boy! *exciting* so if everything else isn't enough to keep me busy I am trying to get ready to be a new mom! Few it's been a crazy year!!!
Owned by 5 flyers, 1 geoffroys cat, 1 african serval, 1 bengal, 1 parrot & 1 dog. www.totallytameexotics.yolasite.com

Travis
Baby Flyer

Postby Travis » Thu May 20, 2010 12:04 pm

This oil spill is bad news for the local wild life, if it get's to Florida it's going to damage the the local popluations. Not that the gadors and retic's don't need a reduction but allot of important animals like fish and birds will be affected.
I'm sorry Taz, be at peace.

Return to “General”